Prototype #1 Range 3D Scanner | PUTV showcase thread

It sounds like definitely it will be . Especially for Cars/Human scans things got much easier …

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Here is the final new Second improved Prototype for Revopoint Range 3D Scanner

The Package includes:
3D Range Scanner
Power Bank Battery
Tripod
Phone Holder
USB-A cable
USB A to C adapter
Mobile Split. Cable USB A power-USB C data ( USB A power can be used with USB C adapter included in this package if your computer or power bank has only USB C connectors.
2 x sheets of Reflective Markers ( you use each every. 5-8 cm )
Blue-Tack Sticky Putty (to hold your objects in place while scanning )
Warranty Card
Black Plastic bag

Again I want to mention that Range 3D scanner is for scanning big objects , double the size as POP2, so please don’t get yourself an idea it will cover everything you need , it starts where POP2 ends what is 30 cm distance from the object. It is an extension tool , not replacement .

The new Range prototype uses 5V/1Am , so less power , the frame rate is 18 frames per second.
It delivers much finer details and higher accuracy as the first prototype , the Sensors are not covered for best resolution .
It has a wide POV what allows you so scan easy bigger objects , so far I tested from 4cm to unlimited
before the best results was at 15cm , however the best potential starts with objects at 30cm /13inch with 30-40 cm distance .

New Range 3D scanner will be accompanied with brand new Revo Scan 5 ( currently in production)
for that reason I will not post any results with Revo Scan 4.2 as that would downgrade the quality of the scans . However I did tested it of course with 4.2 and the results was great .

Once the Revo Scan 5 is ready I will post the final previews.

5 Likes

In love! :heart: Thx for sharing! :pray: Looking forward to kickstarter :grin:

1 Like

Thank you Ivan , I tested it with turntable , I tested it with lazy Susan , it definitely love the slower rotation , to be honest I did not lost tracking for once even when scanning a 32 inches book shelves with various objects. The edges was very sharp , I am in love with this one as it allows me to scan full bodies in no time. POP2 Body mode can’t be compared like 40% the quality compared to Range full body scan. Really great .
You can sit on a office chair or stool , click the start button and scan yourself rotating around without issues , the Depth Camera preview POV will cover your head and half chest at once . Simple !
I think many of our users will profit from this one , especially automobile users and users scanning people/ big art etc…

3 Likes

Good to hear, since when scanning people, good tracking is very valuable (if you have to re-acquire tracking over and over, the subject might end up moving… Or get bored and walk away!).

1 Like

That is so true , I always start scanning with face to prevent changing in expression … not with Range as it is quick , you can scan full body in less than 120 sec .

3 Likes

RANGE ON KICKSTARTER FEB.2023

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2125914059/revopoint-range-big-scans-big-detail?ref=u74tmp

1 Like

What is the lanch date?

RANGE will be available on Kickstarter at 21:00, Feb 7th, Beijing time (8:00 am, Feb 7th, EST).

3 Likes

IncomparableLargeGannet-size_restricted

:grin:

4 Likes

After I sent this message I saw it in my email that Revopoint sent stating that in 7 days it will start. But now it’s nice to see the hour of the day, thanks allot.
Was already subscribed by that time you asked.

1 Like

Unfortunately that is 2 am in my region so I can’t F5 it :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

@MedievalKing New Zealand ?
There will be limited amount of a very affordable early birds pledges , so worthy!

@ivan :rofl:

I it searched wrong, I searched 8:00 am in Beijing, now i see that is not the right one.:face_with_hand_over_mouth::woozy_face:
It seems now that it would be at 3 pm for me, totally doable in Romania, in the EU.
I will now train my F5 taping skills.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

1 Like

That’s actually 03:00 pm your local time, if I am not wrong🤔 so F5 should be doable🙂

1 Like

Yes you are right, afterwards I saw my mistake

2 Likes

New York is currently at UTC-5 in Eastern Time, so the time difference between New York and Romania is 7 hours
It is going to be at 3pm , Romania has only single timezones , for most countries in Europe it will be at 2 pm like Germany , France , Poland etc
UK time will be 1pm .
USA & Canada East Coast at 8 am
USA Midwest at 7am
USA & Canada West Coast at 5am

2 Likes

Tis a weird looking contraption.
Will be nice when some of the ex DJI designers get involved in developing something that looks and works as if it is fit for purpose.

I have a good solution for you here, just don’t buy it .
Because if you already starting complaining about something you don’t even own , then I only imagine what will be after .
Just don’t forget that a trash for you can be gold for someone else .
For example I worked for so long with a 3D scans done using $100K scanner that provide truly heavy editing work for me to clean all the data to get what Range provided out of the box …

Simple is beautiful…

4 Likes