Prototype #1 Range 3D Scanner | PUTV showcase thread

Hi! The Range looks awesome, and the scans that you shared here are amazing! Do you think that it will be possible to use several scanners together so you can scan a bigger object faster? And it will be possible to have an sdk in order to integrate them in our own software? This will be great too! We are looking for a scanner like this, so tomorrow we will be keeping an eye to the kickstarter page…

Hi @Raul

Thank you , the new prototype of Range deliver much more finer details than the one I showed in this showcase was was the first prototype . This mean the smaller parts will get better results
Today you can see the new showcases in the forum with new prototype examples .

I am preparing my new showcase thread today and will update my showcase models day long showing new examples .

Right now it is impossible to use multiple scanners at once , you must know that Range can produce a huge fused point clouds that can ends in around 4.5GB with 2 ft objects , the process is slightly slow even at i10 CPU as lots of data need to be processed and stores on the HDD after fusing it or meshing .
Models from this size of point cloud usually reach around 14 milion of polygons.

The sdk can’t be provided at this moment but will be on the right time , when ? Nobody knows exactly time time , so sorry but you can’t integrate the multiple scanners at this time anywhere else.

But on the other side it is amazing new device , just remember it is not replacement for early Revopoint devices but rather extension for POP2 , object scanning starts at 30 cm distance from the object so the accuracy is 0.1 mm , however the accuracy is better than POP2 at 30cm .
Remember 3D structured light scanners provide the best accuracy when they are most closely to the object while scanning so MINI at 10-20cm, POP2 at 15-25 cm and Range at 30-120cm

Keep an eye tomorrow on the super early bird packages , the deal will be fantastic , first come first serve

1 Like

I am closing this old prototype Range scanner thread .

You can follow my showcase on the official new Range prototype thread here:

This will be the official KS Prototype
And I will start posting new example of scans today until tomorrow 9am EST so check out .

2 Likes