POP2 - PUTV 3D Models Showcase Progress & Tips

You don’t need to be professional and have everything else what some of us purchased , it is our passion and we enjoying updating our workshop with new toys , so don’t think one extra purchase will make things better , you are capable to do everything without anything extra you already have, and phone with lidar will not give you the same results , other tried already .

Look, I get it now. This product is not what it was advertised as. It was not ready to be released when it was released. I would have liked to know that before I bought it but here I am, trying to make the best out of a bad situation.

But what I really dislike, and disagreee with, is Revopooint using your time, my time and other people’s time (without paying for it remember) to do their testing and improvement and customer education AND to make money for themselves.

In my opinion, when someone makes a product, they should take the risk, not their customers. Revopoint is the one making the money, Revopoint should be the one taking the risk and spending their time to release a ready product.

And even if you disagree with all that, surely, the very least they could do is to release a useful user manual that actually has suggestions that help users consistently get good quality scans like their videos show without having to be a 3d scanning professional or relying on users like you and others to teach Revopoint’s customers for them.

Have you downloaded and read the manuals found here: https://www.revopoint3d.com/download/pop-2/ , including Advanced Scanning Tips ( https://www.revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/V.3.0-Advanced%20Scanning%20Tips.pdf )?

1 Like

That are reflection from light on the edges that created the transparent lens effect illusion , no special lens cover.

Can’t wait to see the frame in action ! I am going to watch the progress with interest as usual, keep up the great work .

I have always a choice , I am community volunteer and I like the devices . And you know what is good about testing ? you can share directly your opinion while doing it with the makers , and improve it actually at the end .
If not my input on the product, MINI would have only 0.1mm resolution , same as POP2 , but now it has 80% better resolution that is even advertised. And I spent many long nights on that to provide enough data and scans results for the developers to make the final decision .

As a regular customer I would not have the opportunity to make anything better before the final production, I would just spent my money on something I hoped for, but not actually what it was.

When I buy a product I know exactly what I am buying based on specifications , and if the specifications are false or not up to my needs , I am returning the product and moving somewhere else . Why waste your time on something that is not up to your satisfaction .

And to be frankly , I love the challenge , I love it to keep me busy figuring things out, inspire me to do something new each time , this way it is not boring because actually you do the work .
I am here to have some fun in my free time , the only reason I am here . I care less about the rest.

1 Like

Here it is … not finished yet as I am printing more attachments for use with MINI , both works with USB or battery - 10h
8 different speeds both horizon/vertical tilt
Easy quick release turntable that can be replaced with other parts for holding small things like coins or rings , also have one more attachment for bigger objects to 1kg . Still printing
wireless control

I guess I am good now
in a moment going to test everything in practice .

Speeded up gift for smaller size for upload
VID_20220605_062445

Tested , full model scanned at once with success 900 frames

Normal

35 degrees down

35 degrees up

No more flipping :wink:

3 Likes

Please share the details. Seems to work very well, Great Job!

where did you buy this equipment, very interesting

I am going to GUESS that your 360 degree turntable with 35 Plus or Minus tilt is a “YT-1000 Pan Tilt”.

35 degrees does seem to be the perfect amount of tilt in your example scan.

1 Like

That’s great that you are happy supporting Revopoint and doing their work for them and helping them make money.
Yes, it’s a choice. It’s a choice that I would have declined.
But it’s hard to do that once you have bought the scanner. It’s a choice that a customer should know about before they buy the scanner.

@ths & @Miamijerry sorry Gerald & Sabatier I was so busy and distracted on Sunday , yes you guess it correct Gerald , it is my pan and tilt 360 degree turntable for my DSLR .

However I added quick release plate to my POP2 turntable for constant rotation if I need .
However , I missing one thing , the correct pivot while tilting .
The upcoming MINI double axis turntable will have same pivot on vertical rotation and on tilt .

However my little setup does not interfere too much as the results are great and capture very smooth meshes without any tracking issues at all .
The YT-1000 is very smooth and the 35 degrees angle seems to be perfect to capture the undercuts.
The distance between the Scan and the turntable need to be greater than 10 and shorter than 20 for MINI so when you tilt it don’t go too close or too far and stays between excellent-good position all times . Also there is another little rock on the path what is the gain exposure , when tilting 35 degrees back it may get slightly to low so one step up or down need to be adjusted in real time when tilting , not on all objects , but on taller objects yes, since they are much closer to the scan when tilting .

The original Revo dual axis turntable will be for sure much cheaper than YT-1000 and with perfect pivot all the time so there may be less issues with gain settings and perfect distances all the time for shorter models .
However I like my YT-1000 setup with POP2 , when I use face mode I have much bigger range for bigger objects so it working fine .

YT-1000 plus POP2 turntable with added quick release plate

1 Like

@MartinD I am doing it for the community and friends here and nobody else , and I pay for everything with my own money .
I am here to have fun scanning and sharing some stuff between people with the same interest in my free and very limited time.
If I did not liked what I purchased, I would just get my refund and move on .
But I do love their products and that is my own personal opinion .
and what customer do or not, is not my business and I have zero interest to talking about either.
I got what I wanted and I am happy camper !

You should resolve your personal issues directly with Revopoint , since you paid them , and not me :wink:

Why not flip the YT-1000 over and use the “Pan” side for a turntable?

Seems redundant to have two 360 degree parts…

1 Like

You don’t have too , no matter what side you use, the same results , but using the POP2 turntable on top reduces the shifting of the pivot and less issues with the gain settings.

Off Topic - There are “Givers” and “Takers”. PUTV is certainly a Giver, So ask your self? What type of person has problems with a Giver?

If you tilt 35 degrees and use the YT-1000 turntable , the object will rotate at the 35 degrees around , the problem here is that you will not catch the full object inside your scanned area , so only partial visible under Depth Cam preview .
Using the turntable on top and tilt will keep your object in one position at 35 degree still rotating at the same pivot so you can capture the top or the bottom part .

When you use MINI and very very small object then yes , you don’t need additional turntable on top , as the object is too small to shift too much , that why I printed additional release plates to holding small objects .

Of course you could use a simple bracket and attach the pop2 tuntable on the side and tilt it back and forth 35 degree without anything else even manually . You will have actually perfect pivot all the time

@Miamijerry , here was some idea I had early in mind , just to show you what I mean .
I don’t think it would be a great deal for you to create it fully automatic knowing your skills .

POP2 could be mounted straight from top , since the pivot is always the same , starting scanning 360 degrees tilted 35 degrees, moving slowly to top position another 360 degrees, and done .
If mounted straight forward at 45 degrees , then you have 3 position to scan . -35 degrees, 0, and +35 degrees

1 Like

The objective to to maintain the same distance between the scanner and the object??

So as the Object pivot forward or back, something would need to allow the Scanner to slide and maintain the correct distance.

Questions,
When I was scanning the whole body with the “DIY Slider” it has a fixed distance from the body. When the scanner came closer to the body due to the width of the shoulders.
Why did it still work??
Does this matter??
What is gained if a device can maintain the same distance to the object of the scan??

You used the side which allowed the Object to be closest to the Fulcrum??

No the YT-1000 360 degree rotation with tilt at 35 degree do not provide proper pivot , but having the pop2 turntable on top fixing this issue to minimum .