X3msnake - Mini Showcase

Small part reverse engineering for repair

Part is from a set up collar of a umbrella by casualfs, the original part from a second umbrella was lost and needs to be reproduced since it is only sold as a full setup collar assembly ZL200320109058.7

Scan was done on a manual turntable over crumpled paper for perfect feature tracking, scan was done in 2 parts and merged, meshed and simplified in Revostudio

Part is available for viewing, download and inspection on my sketchfab :wink:

1 Like

Umbrella tighten knob RE

![image|646x500]
(upload://mHTepeMfq7LYIZ7kFcSsVY8Pq3V.jpeg)

3 Likes

Toilet screw for reverse engineering and repair (downloadable)

screwprint
screw_print

2 Likes

Toilet hook for reverse engineering and repair

2 Likes

Selfie with mini

Here is the model on Sketchfab

This is what i had to do to capture my dark beard :slight_smile:

This is what the mini picks up without flour dusting

Selfie scan of the printed selfie

Setup

Fusion 0.02

Meshing 6.0 no cleaning

1x F20 C0.5

2 Likes

INSPIRE scan for CAD reverse engineering

3D scan of a Revopoint INSPIRE scanner, done with a Revopoint mini scanner for reverse engineering and CAD replication.

Scan was done with aesub orange, multiple scans, using crumpled jeans fabric as a feature registration. Parts where merged with cloudcompare and meshed back in Revoscan

At one point when i scanned the faceplate the spray was already evaporating (hot day) and the jeans got recorded into the faceplace as reflection

Qilive wireless audio unit

Scanned with R5.3.0.523 in one session using feature mode and resume taking advantage of the new edit frames feature

• Scanned the bottom side first, edited the frames to remove the turntable overlap and the extraneous objects used for feature tracking.
  • Flipped the object and resumed the scan scanning the other side.
  • Edited Raw frames again to cleanup the extraneous objects
  • Fused at 0.08
  • Removed isolated points with default 15%
  • Fused mesh at 5.9 with close holes 30%
  • Smoothed once at T3 S0.1
  • Simplified mesh at 70% ( from 2M to 7K vertexes)
  • Used Cloudcompare to orient flat the part and uploaded to sketchfab for download

Downloadable final mesh

Model

Setup

Fused pointcloud

Final notes

Since Revopoint is still lacking the ability to align a model to ortographic planes here is a quick tutorial on how to do it with 3 point levelling in CloudCompare

2 Likes