[Windows & Mac] Revo Scan V5.3.0

Hi everyone.

Revo Scan 5.3.0 version is now available on the official website.

Download it at: Best 3D Scanning Software - Revo Scan 5

Updates:

1. Optimizes the alignment and merge functions:
    (1) Feature alignment: Adds preview function for multiple model alignment
    (2) Marker alignment: Adds real-time preview function after adding paired reference points

2. Adds a raw point cloud editing function:
    (1) Supports editing the overall point cloud
    (2) Supports batch deletion of single-frame data
    (3) Supports frame-by-frame editing

3. Adds one-click batch processing of model data, point cloud fusion, mesh construction, and texture processing.

4. Optimizes the home page layout

5. Adds manual adjustment of the RGB Camera’s white balance parameters

6. Supports importing multiple models at the same time

7. Adds the function of selectively eliminating flat surfaces based on ratios in scan settings

8. The accessory connection pop-up window differentiates the connection list according to the device type and adds a diagram.

9. Adds a grid view with larger project thumbnails to the project list on the homepage

10. Optimizes the setting function access

11. Adds instructions for using the scanner’s Wi-Fi connection Client mode

12. Stores the last opened file path when exporting the model

4 Likes

OMFG AWSOME!

Finally manual WB and frame editing :smiley:

4 Likes

@X3msnake
You applied it really quickly! Yes, it’s a noticeable boost.

3 Likes

Already posted in facebook too, this looks awesome, hope my research with the frame player have had some positive influence in the making of this new frame editor feature :smiley:

Send my thanks to the Dev team, real nice job there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can someone please explain how to use the advantages of frame editing properly? I have some ideas, but I am not an expert.
Does this e.g. solve the problem of “overscanning”, because I can delete redundant frames?

Speeds up fusion because you can remove redundant data before the fusion process is started, and yes, you can delete frames that cover the same area to reduce overscanning.

These new features are totally awesome. Well done Revopoint.

2 Likes

Finally one and half year of waiting is over … MANUAL WHITE BALANCE :pray::heart:

The best update ever ! :partying_face::exploding_head::confetti_ball::tada::balloon:

4 Likes

Nothing to do with faster fusing , it allows you to remove frames that got aligned wrong while scanning like for example double nose or other ghosting effects that you missed while scanning , it allows you to resume scanning after cleaning and continue .

Scenario : you finished almost scanning full body , then on the end your legs or feet got ghosted or double alignment, you can stop the scan , remove the frames and continue without starting all over again .

Could this be also of use for my sherds?

@Archaeoscan.by Yes you can overscan a bit more and disable the frames that overlap, you can even single out parts of the raw frame using lasso tools.

I show a bit of the overscan deletion process here in my video “From scan to machining stock in 6m30s”

2 Likes

Custom white balance? Sweet!
I guess I know what I’m gonna spend time on this weekend. :wink:
Does custom WB work with all Revopoint scanners?

@Revopoint-Jane Any chance an Android update is coming soon with the same manual WB improvement?

Manual frame deletion is also a HUGE step forward. I would love to also be able to re-align them (this way the data is not lost), but still, this improvement is awesome.
EDIT: an idea for a realignment workflow with 3.5.0, if there are two big misaligned chunks of frames:

• create a copy of the project (copy the folder elsewhere, reimport in in Revo Scan)
  • in the original project: delete frames from chunk 2, process chunk 1 and export point cloud
  • in the duplicate project: delete frames from chunk 1, process chunk 2, import point cloud from chunk 1, align both clouds.
    A bit cumbersome, but it should work.

Larger thumbnails: this is awesome!

Looks like a very solid update!

2 Likes

Hello @shadows44
Currently, the custom WB function is only applicable to POP 3, INSPIRE and new scanners released in the future.
There is no development plan for Android 5.3.0 yet because the R&D team is busy with other projects.
Thank you for your new suggestions. I will feed them back to R&D and hope they can be implemented in the future.

1 Like

Thanks for the details!
Too bad for the Android version, but this is of course understandable.

1 Like

Some bugs and suggestions of this new version:

1. Maximize not working
  2. No stl option in the exported format after batch processing
  3. Batch processing does not support handling orphaned items
  4. Some models require manual editing before exporting, clicking Export All after selecting models in bulk does not export all the selected models.
  5. After continuously scanning more than 10 models within a project, the revoscan software will freeze, and at this point, the only option is to disconnect and reconnect, and reopen the software to create a new project.T he more scans performed during the same time period, the greater the probability of software crashes.

Suggestions:

1. Support shortcut F2 to rename projects.
  2. Remember to save the directory last time and also remember the export format, otherwise I will have to switch from the default ply to stl format every time.

Hi @bruce1
your feedback is received. Already reported them to product and they will see how to fix it.

1 Like

The White Balance also works with MINI but not as fancy settings as with POP3 or INSPIRE , however if you set the Auto exposure to manual , the RGB do not change the white balance anymore , so it works again as it once was before in RS4 … I made tests yesterday with MINI and got perfect white balance around the model without changing tones .

@shadows44

1 Like

This is what i’ve been waiting for since ive got my Mini. But not yet tried. I hope my expectations to frame-by-frame / single-frame editing meets my satisfaction. Thanks for hearing us.

1 Like

Yes Amber , you can edit all frames cells at one ( RAW) or edit just frame by frame and it is very easy process to do and the results are great , better fusing , less junk data to clean after fusing .
I was very surprised to see full RAW edit at once since the cells are not organized or fused yet , but it worked great , faster processing , smoother results .

1 Like