From 4 to 5: We're Committed to Improving Our Software

Dear Revopoint Users:

In 2023, we worked hard to improve our software by adding new features, redoing the UI to enhance the user experience, and many other changes. One of the biggest changes was combining our previously three separate pieces of software, Revo Scan 4, Revo Studio, and Revo Calibration, together to create Revo Scan 5, one program for scanning, post-processing, and calibration.

So, let’s go over some of the biggest changes.

1. Total UI Redesign

Revo Scan 5 UI has completely transformed from its Revo Scan 4 days. The layout is completely redone to optimize how users interact with the software for a faster and better workflow.

Before:

After:

With the integration of scanning and editing tools into Revo Scan 5, the whole scanning process has become much less cumbersome as the user no longer needs to use two separate pieces of software to produce a decent 3D model.

Revo Studio Interface

Revo Scan 5’s Processing Tools

2. Software Functionality Changes

Revo Scan 5 has also introduced many changes in terms of functionality, primarily in optimizing existing features and introducing new ones.

2.1 Improved Alignment and Merge Functions

• Feature Alignment: Adds preview function for multiple model alignment.

• Marker Alignment: Adds real-time preview function after adding paired reference points.

2.2 Added One-click Editing
Now with a single click captured point cloud data can be fused, meshed and textured.

2.3 Toolbar Added: More Selection Tools

2.4 Added a Screenshot Function

2.5 Scan Settings Can Now be Saved and Imported

2.6 Zoom Function Added to the Depth Cameras

2.7 Added Color Image and Vertex Color Texture Mapping Modes

2.8 Added In-depth User Manuals

2.9 Added Release Notes for Software Updates.

3. Users’ Suggestions

During the upgrades and adjustments, we have received tons of user suggestions and feedback. This input was instrumental in guiding Revo Scan 5’s development. So thanks for all your ideas.

1. User: @PUTV

Suggestion: Make the RGB Camera’s white balance adjustable.

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

Suggestion:

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

1. User: @shadows44

Suggestion: Increase the project’s thumbnail size so it’s easier to see the 3D model on the homepage.

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

Before:

After:

1. User: @MedievalKing

Suggestion:

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

1. User: @Elemental_Garage

Suggestion:

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

1. User: @kirschnw

Suggestion:

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

1. User: @Kn1ght

Suggestion:

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

1. User: @Sheeter

Suggestion:

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

Suggestion:

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

1. User: @SphaeroX

Suggestion:

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

1. @GuyH77

Suggestion:

Revo Scan 5 Improvement:

The above is just a small slice of user feedback. Don’t worry if we didn’t show your suggestion because we record all user feedback. If you suggested something that we haven’t implemented, there’s a good chance it’s on our to-do list. We are grateful to everyone who has provided software suggestions.

With that all said, we’re still hungry for more feedback, so please keep offering it. We will carefully evaluate each suggestion and work hard to implement it.

Thank you all again!

Best regards,
Revopoint team

5 Likes

Very good, thank you for the great software. It must also be said, you are far ahead of the competition in terms of user-friendliness. Also, the fact that you constantly bring new updates and keep the software quite up to date, I find great. Nevertheless, I would suggest that we now tackle the problems under the hood together. By that I mean algorithms and still that certain something extra. I have created a small list here, which I mean.

If you implement that, then no one can hold a candle to you. I’m looking forward to it.

3 Likes

Actually in the over 2 years of time my little list of suggestions and requests.

1. Auto White Balance and Auto Exposure
  2. Additional meshing level for Range 1
  3. Lower Fusing pitch point settings for MINI in the software
  4. Improving the capturing volume for MINI in RS
  5. Adding Single shot feature to the software RS
  6. Adding Batch processing to the software RS
  7. Adding advance mode algorithm to the software RS
  8. Adding LED to the new scanner line
  9. Changing the RS blue preview shader to a different shader colors in RS
  10. Improve the Texture UVs size and data size when capturing with Miraco in RS5 single shot mode
  11. Adding 4 LEDs to Range 2 to improve texture capture.
  12. Use MIRACO as a scanner in Revo Scan 5 ( PC Mode )
  13. Additional meshing level for Range 2 in RS
  14. Adding Manual White Balance to MIRACO

And many others ! that are still on the to do list

Thank you @Revopoint for listening to your hard core users and for make it reality for all of us !
And thanks to everyone for all your great suggestions !

5 Likes

Indeed, the software really improved in the last two years. Lots of feedback taken into account, including some of my requests. Thanks!

Hi @SphaeroX

We will record and feedback these suggestions to our dev team. We believe they will improve our software. Thank you so much!

1 Like

@PUTV Cath, thank you very much for your advice. We’ve always valued them and worked hard to implement them, and hope to receive more feedback from you and together we can make Revo Scan even better.