Scanner constantly disconnecting

A replacement pop 3d scanner. Old was defective.

Hi @MOST2K2

That’s great! Thank you for the updated info.

Please keep the defective one, we will call back it to analyze what’s the problem and avoid it in the future products, thank you.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Yes i do.
Is the sound (beep) from IR sensor normal when HandyScan PC app is started ? Tried with external power from the hub, too.
How to get the PC HandyScan app in english instead German (bad translated)?
Is the an early beta of PC app/android app available? (I do like trying new beta software ;))
How to scan a human hand correctly?

Regards

Hi @MOST2K2

1. Can you share a video? (Do you mean the sound only appears when running the PC version?)
  2. No, but we’re discussing this case internally. It may be added in the future version.
  3. No, please use the newest version.
  4. You can check this post: [Tutorials] Tutorial of Human Face and Body scan by POP

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Video send via email. Please check.

Hi @MOST2K2

I watched the video. That is normal, and won’t affect the usage.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like
  1. Changed language for the pc app with renaming/switching file names: HandyScan_de_DE.qm + HandyScan_en_US.qm
    Works :wink:
1 Like

Wow, great! Thank you for sharing with us.

1 Like

Hi, I think I have a similar problem. It seems like the pop3d doesn’t get enough power no matter what I’m connecting it to. I tried 2 different computers, I tried powered USB 3 hub and tried external power bank. could only finish one scan, other times it keeps getting disconnected and in most cases the red light doesn’t even turn on.
any suggestions?

I also tried different cables, both originals USB A and USB C, other USB A cables I have and also a Y split cable, trying to power from power bank and connect to PC at the same time. still no success.

I didn’t get the POP scanner to work, either, if I used the USB ports on my computer. Even if it is declared “USB 3”. Even some powerbanks won’t work. You have to make sure that the power source can provide 2A at stabile 5V. Usually the scanner only takes slightly under 1A, but at times it needs more, and many power banks and even wall socket chargers then drop the voltage significantly under 5V (the worst I measured was 4.2V, though it was declared on the label “2A @ 5V”). The scanner will disconnect then due to lacking power.
I suspect that many pc manufacturers declare the USB ports as “USB 3” when they meet the specification concerning operational speed, but don’t care about the current it can supply.

2 Likes

I tried it with both HP Z workstation and with ASUS laptop, got the same problem on both (both on USB A and on USB C that should clearly be in the specs). tried also different USB charges, all rated 2.4A or 2.1A

Hi @pop

Sorry for this issue.

Please send us a video with your connection process to support@revopoint3d.com, and CC forum@revopoint3d.com, thank you.

Best Regards
Cassie

Yes, that’s true, we do find some laptops which are claimed as “USB3.0”, but not reach the standard.

I will. thanks.
////

1 Like

I just sent an email. Thank you for the support.

Yes this works!