Scanner constantly disconnecting

HI i have windows 10 and i have plugged the device via usb3 (usb2 the same).

I hear a bing sound after connecting. Windows camera app is working. When i start the HandyScan app its connected at the start. Then after about 10seconds it will be disconnected. The led was green. Then it went to blue and then green again. This happens all the time.

Any suggestions?
I gave permission to use the camera.

Hi @MOST2K2

Sorry for this issue.

Could you please try another USB3.0 port or the type C port on your PC?

Btw, did you try another laptop or phone?

Best Regards
Cassie

I have tried different usb ports, but none of them are working. I could try my Mac Mini if that works.

Could you please record a video to show the problem? Please send it to forum@revopoint3d.com.
Btw, can you do the connection steps as usual, then click “about” to report bugs?

I have already reported the issue a few moments ago. Please check it.

One suggestion is to make sure your privacy settings are set to allow the camera…I had this problem!

This is in windows 10 - go to SETTINGS — PRIVACY — CAMERA - allow apps to access and allow desktop apps also.

2 Likes

Already allowed, checked twice.

Hi @MOST2K2

We received the reported bug. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

I will let you know once I get reply from product team.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @MOST2K2

(1) Could you please connect the POP to a power bank (over 5V1A), and connect it to your PC via Wi-Fi connection? You can check this method: [Tutorials] How to use the Wi-Fi mode of Handy Scan on your PC? - #4 by Revopoint3D-Cassie

(2) Could you try to connect the POP to your phone via Wi-Fi mode? Here is the connection method: https://revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/POP%20Android%20&%20iOS%20Handy%20Scan%20Instruction%20V2.1.4.pdf

Please record the screen during this process, and send the video back to us, thank you.

We hope to confirm if the hardware is broken or not.

Best Regards
Cassie

2 Likes

I have connected it to my powerbank. The led is green, but no access point is visible sadly.

Second PC same result, connected disconnected. Please help!
I think is broken…:frowning: I have bought at kickstarter…

Could you please send me the video? You can send it to forum@revopoint3d.com.

1 Like

Video send! Please let me know what you think!

Hi @MOST2K2

Received with thanks.

Please give us some time to discuss it internally. I will let you know once I get any updated info.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

ok thanks. I hope to get answer today :wink:
Regards

Understand. I will try my best to reply you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hi @MOST2K2

Did you test the POP with your phone? I mean the method 2. If yes, please also send us a video to see what’s the condition. (Please remember to record all the steps you did, and also record the POP’s signal)

(2) Could you try to connect the POP to your phone via Wi-Fi mode? Here is the connection method: https://revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/POP%20Android%20&%20iOS%20Handy%20Scan%20Instruction%20V2.1.4.pdf

1 Like

I tried but no access point was opened to connect :frowning:

Hi @MOST2K2

Could you please send us a video? I’m not understand what do you mean by “no access point”.

Please kindly noted that the WiFi mode of connecting your phone or laptop with POP is different from the majority of smart devices. It needs POP to receive the WiFi sign of your Phone hotspot.

Hope you can do the connection steps according to the post/user’s manual I sent to you. Thank you.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Ok the Wifi Mode with my Samsung Phone is working. But i want to use PC.
Tried 2 different PCs with same disconnect behaviour.
Regards

Hi @MOST2K2

Could you please connect the POP to a power bank (over 5V1A), and connect it to your PC via Wi-Fi connection? You can check this method: [Tutorials] How to use the Wi-Fi mode of Handy Scan on your PC? - #4 by Revopoint3D-Cassie

1 Like