Revopoint MINI - RGB version - first tests also with colour texture

If the light have a warm tone then sure, you can use it , you can put it behind your scanner since it looks like big version .
On the left side .

OK Iā€™ll give a try tomorrow! Yes the lamp has three colors, white, yellow and orange.

Thanks!

1 Like

Would this one also be good?

Ulanzi VL81

It has 3200K and 5600K LEDs, would the 3200K maybe be better for the MINI since itā€™s warmer so less disturbing the MINI blue light? Or 5600K already safe?

It will works , and you can adjust it to your liking. Also you will need to use it on the lowest power settings , warmer tones will affect the gain less so you can adjust the perfect light tone and power with this one to get the perfect balance .
There is no one setting for all , gray surfaces reflecting different than white surfaces . So try to set the light tone using a white object , and later you can just adjust the light power for darker objects .

@PopUpTheVolume ā€œThe attachment for the LED light is printed out with 3D printerā€

Could you be so kind as to share your 3D print design for that double Ulanzi mount? I just got two of those lights and would really appreciate your mount!

1 Like

The one I made was altered base version from someone else , so canā€™t share it .
But if you can wait until tomorrow, I can make my own new version for MINI and POP2 ?

1 Like

That would be great! Or I could also make it myself, if you share a picture of how it was done roughly :slight_smile: I wouldnā€™t want to re-invent the wheel

No problem I want to make the supporting case better anyway so it donā€™t block the heat escaping from the aluminium and better bottom .

I am not home right now to send you a clear picture , but the cold shoe get above the RGB cam and below it with a very tiny slightly tilt to right as goes the lens of the RGB cam .
Also think about the lower part so it donā€™t affect the tripod when you attach light to it , MINI have a very small space between

For me not big deal , if I am early tonight home I will make it tonight .

1 Like

@PUTV,

I bought one of these led spotlights and with amazement I noticed that the cold shoe brackets are not the same size as the one on the Revopoint, both the scanner and the tripod.
Do you know if Revopoint uses a proprietary bracket?

We are all looking forward to your spotlight mount 3D object :grin:

Thanks!

Andrea

1 Like

You can replace it easy, you know that you can change the cold shoe plate. POP2 and MINI can use a regular tripod plate too , just unscrew the one you have right now and replace with the traditional one , same on the tripod. It can all be replaced to regular one .

Yes I am on it today for both POP2 and MINI , did not found the time last weekend.

2 Likes