Revopoint MINI - RGB version - first tests also with colour texture

That is the final official version of MINI , the others was only for beta users.

RGB is just another term for Color .

Ah, so the emitted light is still blue? Or does it alternate with white for getting texture scans? The scanned texture colour looks really nice!

Thanks, I already wondered why there were two versions and why the Kickstarter didnā€™t mention them.
Also am wondering when they will anounce the Mini 2.

It was just one version always , we just got early sample before the RGB camera was ready .

It is all blue light as before , the RGB camera do not see the Blue Laser so it can capture the colors for the textures without issues .

The MINI will be shipped in August ā€¦
and now you can pre-order in Revopoint Online Store.

Indeed the texture looks better than precedent devices, what max resolution can you export it ?
Thank you for the test!

Hi Xavier,
I have forwarded your request for specifications to the Revopoint Team and await an answer

1 Like

The answer:

MINI RGB camera 2 megapixel

2 Likes

Thanks, what about the texture itself ? For example is it possible to export it with the mesh , at a resolution of 4096x4096? (4K)

It is 4Kx4K , you canā€™t choice the size , it is automatic process.

Hi everyone! Iā€™m completely baffled by the magnificient textures you folks could get with the MINI. Can you please explain whether you used specific presets? As I explained in this post, I really have some bad results on my end :cry:

Thank you for your advice :slight_smile:

@Popi they are not as good as from POP2 and thatā€™s the fact , it is difficult to get good colors because blue laser is sensitive to bright light .
The only light that can helps here is LED warm light , the one sold by Revopoint but also available on Amazon .
I am going today to print a special case for the lights to give the shadowless appearance on the objects as I did for POP2 .
Regarding pixelations and triangles , it depends of how big the model is, smaller polygons model tends to have bigger triangles and bigger models smaller .

The best result is to convert the RBG color per vertex data to textures and create new UVs . You will get more uniform textures and no triangles .

In the begining before the MINI release the program did very beautiful sharp textures with MINI but the alignment was wrong , and after alignment was fixed the quality went down a bit .
But I am sure if you work a little bit more on the lighting, your results will be better as that is the major key after all , but it is tricky , I use my Revo LEDs on lowest light settings and do not affect that match the scanning . Keeping the light 10cm to 20cm away from the object . Behind the MINI , one on top RGB camera and one below it as that is the point from where the textures are captured .

1 Like

Hi PUTV, thank you for your recommendations, Iā€™ll give all of that a try. At the end of your paragraph youā€™re suggesting that I should use two LED lights then ? One on top of the scanner and one below? Just to be sure.

Letā€™s hope they will find a way to make both beautiful textures and right alignment in the long run :slight_smile:

Yes that is correct @Popi the way you see here in the photo , I working on the attachment for MINI
The LED need to be set on lowest light brightness so it donā€™t overpowering the blue light laser , and warm tone light .
One light on top and then be below to avoid shadows

It will give you 100% better results

2 Likes

Oh I see !! Thank you very much ! Are these attachments sold by Revopoint as well?
And what is the little dark remote-looking thing on the right part of the image?

1 Like

No it is printed , the remote control is for my older Dual Axis turntable to control the rotations and tilts .
I am using now the Revopoint DATT with Android app on my phone to control it .

https://forum.revopoint3d.com/t/android-app-datt-controller/17815?u=popupthevolume

OK I see! But I donā€™t understand how your Ulanzi lights are attached to the scanner, what do you mean by ā€œit is printedā€? Sorry

The attachment for the LED light is printed out with 3D printer .

Hello!

OH !! OK I see. I have this kind of light at home, two of them, do you think it is similar?

Which Ulanzi light are those? There are so many different versions on AliExpressā€¦ I would like to built a similar setup with two, and a 3D printed mount, looks great :slight_smile:

That are the same one sold also by Revopoint in their store .

ULANZI VL49 2000mAh LED Video Light w 3 Cold Shoe, Rechargeable Soft Light Panel, Portable Photography Lighting for DJI OSMO Sony DSLR Canon Camera GoPro Vlogging Amazon.com