New Pop2 problems

I have spent hours fiddling with this buggy thing and have only successfully scanned the model bust that came with the kickstarter package. Pretty usesless at this point.
Manual is pretty lame. Vidoes make it look kinda point and shoot but my scans always have misaligned repeats of surfaces. With scan table, by hand, with markers, without, light/dark, auto/manual doesn’t matter.
I have tried the software on the iphone, crashed all the time but did manage to get the model bust scanned but only that worked. I went to the windows app and can’t get anything else to scan no matter the color, angle etc.
I don’t know how anyone is getting scans from this thing. Maybe mine is defective?
I bought the POP2 because I didn’t want a first generation scanner but now I feel like an idiot. I should have put this money toward a new iPad. The scans might not be sub millimeter accurate but at least it has many uses. This isn’t even heavy enough to use as a paperweight. Feeling ripped off right now.
I need a scanner for my small business but this doesn’t look like it is going to do what I need.
Also, the tripod is crap! Flimsy legs and a cable mounted high is a recipe for a scanner smashing to the floor.
Packaging etc. are good but if the device itself can’t do anything it was advertised to do then what’s the point?

1 Like