MINI- PUTV 3D Models Showcase Progress & Tips

My new showcase thread : Revopoint new scanner RANGE the big brother of POP2 & MINI

Check it out

3 Likes

@PUTV today the handheld stabilizer arrived to me, but I don’t seem to successfully pair it to the phone while I connect the stabilizer cable to the Mini.
While using the cable all is alright.
Is it still in development the stabilizer, or not integrated in the mobile app?
I can connect to the stabilizer via Bluetooth, but the app states “Failed to connect to an available scanner”.
The name to the Bluetooth stabilizer is REVO_STABILIZER, and my device is android, I checked and the app is up to date.

Hi @MedievalKing
Right now the Stabilizer start/pause button is not working with the mobile app so you should not connect the Stabilizer to the phones Bluetooth, just unpair the Stabilizer and use WiFi to connect to the MINI only.
I will let you know when I know more about .

3 Likes

Doyou hav a link to buy proper zinc oxide? Which type of alcohol - IPA or just regular ethanol?

Hi @d_e_n_o_m

this one is the cheapest - Only one left https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L4KYA9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

99% is the best as it dry out very fast .
It can be any alcohol as long it has a higher percentage

1 Like

At 99.9%, this is a bit cheaper and a little purer.

https://www.amazon.com/Renowned-Trading-Purity-Isopropyl-Alcohol/dp/B08VWLT1VB/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2W0CZL55FAKG4&keywords=Renowned%2BTrading%2B99.9%25%2BIsopropyl%2BAlcohol&qid=1671620012&s=industrial&sprefix=renowned%2Btrading%2B99.9%25%2Bisopropyl%2Balcohol%2Cindustrial%2C142&sr=1-1&th=1

If you end up using a lot, there are gallon sizes available for under $30.

I don’t know what are you smoking out there Jeff , but offering a product half the size and double price and saying it is cheaper really don’t make a sense to me .

Your product is just half liter for the same price as my 1L., Double in price ! What is cheaper ?

I sure posted the wrong link. This link is to the 4-quarts-for-$40 purchase, resulting in $10/qt. This is a bit cheaper (1/3) than yours and it has a higher concentration to boot.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DUGMVC6

1 Like

Could just go for the 55 gallon drum for $1,000 and bring it to under $5 a quart or $18 a gallon :crazy_face:

1 Like

When you buy one gallon then yes, around $4 cheaper per L/quart

Here some screenshots. with MINI and Revo Scan 5 Beta

Scanned in one session

Textured

8 Likes

Hi There! I’m looking to update to the latest revopointScan 5.2.3 , I’m still on 4.2, so was just wondering if there are anything I need to be aware of when upgrading?
thank you!

Hi! be aware 5.2.3 is MUCH more mature software now :grin:

Yes everything is new ! Plus you have now editing inside as well not need Revo Studio no more …

One great thing is for use with your MINI is advanced mode for fusing , please try it , it will save your time with editing and cleaning after …it is magic fusion feature !

Don’t worry it will not lose your details … but make them perfect without the grain effect …

Yep you should. Eventually if your mini firmware asks for update you should do it also. There was at least one uptade to the fw since 4.2 that improved the capture

where to Download the latest firmware? can’t see it anywhere?
thanks

It will update automatic if there is any for your device … Connect first Scanner via USB as usual, then Start Revo Scan 5.2.3 , if there is an update for your device it will ask you to update .

1 Like

what is the latest firmware version for MINI? this is what currently mine is showing, im not getting notified to update.

PS: apologies for hijacking your thread.

if you don’t then you have the latest one for your device , I updated last time in RS4, I never updated MINI in RS5 yet

2 Likes

I see around social medias other companies claiming their products are better than MINI , still cant scan a proper coin with their product claiming to be 0.01mm accuracy

but this old polish coins was scanned with MINI and fused at 0.08mm accuracy ( resolution) , pictures speaks for itself , not edited after scanning .

One coin 2 zlote(2 Golden) is from the 1970’s and the other 50 groszy (50 cent) is 100 years old from 1923

Old polish coins on top of a 3D spray can cover for size reference.

6 Likes