MINI(Dual-axis Turntable) / Idelays or overlapping issues

Device: i9-12900KF/64GB(RAM)/WIN11
May I ask why, it was normal for me to scan with MINI at first, but after using it once or twice, it became like this? I feel that the graphics cannot be linked

I have restarted the device several times, but still the same problem
What exactly is going wrong?

https://youtu.be/R6ywmKtwMWA

That is surprising. I’ve never seen so many false copies appear at once.

Two things I would suggest:

1. Adjust the scanner to a different vantage point (maybe a little higher) and try again.
  2. If you can duplicate this sudden… scattering… finish the scan (Stop, Complete and Fuse) to see if it gets cleaned up.
2 Likes

I don’t know why this is happening, but it worked fine the first time I used it
It started to happen later
I restarted the machine and computer multiple times, same problem.
Tried turning off the lights or changing directions, still the same problem

I do not know the problem of using the DUAL-AXIS TURNTABLE linkage software at the same time. When using the software, there have been many sudden shutdowns (Revo_Scan_for_win_v4.1.0.20220909c)

Hi SHY, please Exit Full Screen in Revo Scan when scanning to avoid any delays or overlapping issues.
Setting the countdown timer to 3 will help as well.

Our technician is dealing with this problem and will fix it soon.

If Exit Full Screen scanning doesn’t help with this problem either, please let me know.

1 Like

Same here, never saw this before …
Seems like the frames are not align at all , definitely software issue here for some reason.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, my English is not very good hope you can understand my question

I do have this setting on video(not to use the full-screen mode of your computer), but I also have latency issues.
Tested for an afternoon yesterday and I think it’s a delay issue caused by using the DUAL-AXIS TURNTABLE bluetooth link software.

I purchased a POP2 scanner.
MINI Scan+ with the portable turntable, there is no such problem.
When this problem occurs, restarting the computer and machine does not help. The Bluetooth devices recorded on the computer and software must be “deleted” and the connection searched again.
But even after doing this, there is still a delay issue after using DUAL-AXIS TURNTABLE again after 2 turns

I get similar results (false copies, tracking problem, scattering) with one of my desktop pc (AMD 8320 - 16gb Ram - 1080ti) while i get no problems at all using a laptop (dell 7559 / i7 6700HQ - 8gb Ram - gtx 960m).

I even get better results (almost perfect, just less frames captured) using a cheap BMAX Y13 (celeron N4120 - 8gb Ram - Intel UHD Graphics)

2 Likes

Thank you all for your efforts and for sharing the test results.
This case was raised to the tech team already.
A solution will be provided soon.

4 Likes

Oh good, glad you’re working on it. I’ve been having similar problems and assumed it was just because I’m such a newbie and need to mess around with setup, lighting, etc. My system is Intel Mac Monterey.

1 Like

I’m attaching the specs of the computer I’m using for reference. I’m not sure if the problem is a software bug.

It can also be caused by a support issue with the bluetooth version or other device versions.

After finding a solution for the bluetooth problems i have exactly the same problem.
Calibration do not fix it. Are the lights (see picture from SHY) the problem ?

1 Like

Same problem here. When I use feature scan mode it never manages to produce a perfect 360 Scan without overlapping ends, not even with the small bust included in the package.
With some objects, that do not have many small features, like the included bust, the software manages to produce a usable result after fusing and meshing, most of the time, but objects with small features can only be scanned when I increase the marker density on the turntable by adding marker stickers to it and use marker mode for scanning. The output is still not good and needs a lot of manual postprocessing. Feature mode never produces data that can be correctly fused by the software in this case.

1 Like

The lights are little too bright to be used with MINI in general especially if you use cold colored LED, but the bursting of the frames while scanning is another issue not related to it .
I see lately many users have this problem , for some the calibration fixed the issue , for others don’t .
So I am thinking what can cause it , the device ? Since I can’t recreate any of it using any of my devices with the same program build and I had upgraded the firmware on them all as well.

On top of that the DATT do not helping here while scanning and trigger the issue even more because of the accumulated frames that the scanner captures while changing the position and not rotating while doing so .

@Revopoint3D-Gena said it is the software when it is open in full screen , but I can’t recreate any of that issue or any of my friends either.

A software bug would affect everyone… but it seems affecting mostly users with the last batch of MINIs devices .

So if you ask me , I would point point my finger on some of the new devices and it’s driver/firmware as source of this issue .

And the issue I talk about is the one showing in the video when the frame bursting at once while scanning of the bust .
That is completely something else than mandala effect or losing tracking due to lack of features .

You see half of what you are saying is the opposite of the rest what you are saying .

This type of scanner needs a lot of features to be scanned easier, reduced features make it less easy to scan .

Marker mode do not cares about your objects features, it only cares about the markers as that is the tracking point in this mode regardless of what are you scanning as long most of the markers are visible in the depth cam preview ( or glowing red while scanning )

Feature mode uses the object’s features as marker points, so how many extra features how better the tracking result .
It scans object with less features more difficult.

When you scanning partial scans for merging , you need to edit them before merge , clean the most parts that would overlap too much both of the scans while merging focusing mostly on the merging edges on both scans .

If you use just fused point cloud for merging there is a postprocessing workflow that you need to follow, clean the scan from overlapped points, lose points etc …

To make your work easier just mesh the fused point cloud after scanning in Revo Scan without using denoiser or closing the holes , it will do better cleaning job than manually in Revo Studio , then use the 2 meshed scans for merging . You will have less headache while cleaning and better merging results in Revo Studio .

This is the solution for the messy point cloud the software produces at this moment that are not as much usable outside Revo Scan if not meshed before .

You can check also my video to see the workflow .

3 Likes

Maybe I didn’t express my promblem correctly, I’m not a native english speker.

What I wanted to say is that I’m not able to get a perfect 360 degree scan without at least a non fitting overlap at the seam when I use feature mode, regardless if how detailed the object is… but if the object has less detail, e.g. the included bust, the RevoScan and the RevoStudio fusing does a better job and often delivers a perfect result, while this is not the case with more detailed objects where fusing leaves a lot of artefacts which cannot be removed using only RevoScan or RevoStudio.

I know that marker mode only uses markers, but in cases where I have a small detailed object, marker mode with manually increased marker density on the turntable gives me a better scan and less unwanted overlap and thus less artefacts than feature mode. I will still have to do a lot of manual cleaning in MeshLab and Blender, though, but sometimes this is my only way to get anything usable out of the scan.

I understand your problem , that happens when the scan area was overlapped too much with multiple frames and the point cloud fusing option did not cleaned it or fused it correctly, what happens often .

Try to capture at maximum 300-320 frames per one 360 degree rotation and see if it helps you with the results and if not please post the screenshot result as it will help in addressing the issue .

And if you use DATT via Revo Scan you going to have issue regardless what you trying as that is not the proper way to scan objects the way it was made . But the R&D team working on improvement.

1 Like

You could try with one of the other options for controlling the DATT remotely

like this one I have done for Android, at the moment it doesn’t work with Android 12 & above but I’m working on that, it may eliminate some of the problem or prove if it’s linked to the DATT control through the software or something else

https://forum.revopoint3d.com/t/android-app-datt-controller/17815?u=johnathan

2 Likes

and if you use Android @shyblower , follow the link Johnathan just posted for the APP to DATT controller that will give you better results until Revopoint come with better solution .

1 Like

I restarted the machine and computer multiple times, same problem.
Tried turning off the lights or changing directions, still the same problem.

Every time I move the size and position of the light or decide whether to turn it on or not.
If the exposure is overexposed, the lower left corner of the software window will display red. But I adjusted on the video, no red display

I purchased a POP2 scanner.
MINI Scan+ with the portable turntable, there is no such problem.
When this problem occurs, restarting the computer and machine does not help. The Bluetooth devices recorded on the computer and software must be “deleted” and the connection searched again.
But even after doing this, there is still a delay issue after using DUAL-AXIS TURNTABLE again after 2 turns

Thanks for your reply, I love your articles and videos. you are my teacher!
I use IOS (APPLE), but unfortunately I can’t use this APP, I can only wait for the software to update

2 Likes