MINI(Dual-axis Turntable) / Idelays or overlapping issues

Hi @SHY I do experience delay with the DATT when using via MINI/Revo Scan , long delay after I push the button , I don’t have any other BLE device connected at that time as my Bluetooth is actually closed , I use it via MINI Bluetooth.

I don’t have issues with delay using DATT via Android APP , it’s response is quick and instant .

After downloading the latest Revo Scan for Windows 4.1.1 and trying the very confusing manual function of DATT in Revo Scan I just giving up on using it via Revo Scan , it don’t works proper for my liking.
Good hardware but the way it is running will not improve any scanning here when using via Revo Scan .
They should create a separate phone apps for both systems , as right now it delivering the best results so far.

1 Like

how is possible to set 300 frames every 360 degrees? that stupid DATT doesn’t turns fast than 1" per degree and so in every complete turn it will capture more than 300 frames

You can’t since DATT captures at max speed 360 frames per one rotation .
Many of us have a regular turntables or turntables with speed regulation .

Actually the DATT speed is 35.6 per one 360 degrees rotation and no way to speed it up .
However 300-360 frames per one rotation is acceptable .

Use the manual function the latest software offers for better results and start scanning at Tilt angle first , avoid scanning while the object is not in movement .

I’m using DATT with Android app, but rot every rotation it scans 600 FPS, not 360

MINI can scan 10 frames per second using DATT at fastest speed 10x36= 360 frames no matter using it via Android or Revo Scan.
One rotation, not a full scanning cycle.

The fastest speed of DATT is 36 seconds per one 360 degrees rotation .

600 frames is 10x60 sec per rotation ( DATT speed at 60spr ) means it took 1 minute to turn the object 360 degrees what is too slow even for POP2 in color scanning .

1 Like

So maybe my datt doesn’t work well, as my mini, because I’ve tried in every way and I didn’t get a decent scan. I sprayed, changed angle, waste a lot of time and I just frustrated myself

This Object is 50x38 mm. It’s not able to capture details

This is actually a relief, so you have to scan it at zero degree tilt with DATT exactly 10 cm from MINI to a center.

I scanned smaller relief than this but it is tricky to get the proper angle to capture the fine details .

Best way would be to use the DATT controller app with DATT , and scan only 180 degree angle in place of 360 adding the back later in Revo Studio as I assume the back is flat right ?

Fuse it at 0.02mm and Mesh at 6

You can also try to lay down the eagle flat on the turntable and keep the MINI almost above it at 10cm distance from the center and run 360 rotation cycle .

1 Like

The back is not flat but it doesn’t matter, I was testing Mini’s skill but I’m not satisfied…
I have also tried a skull ring but it also gives me bad resulsts

Put your eagle on a black plastic , keep the distance at 10cm from MINI and handheld scan it , you should capture each detail of your sculpture without issue .

Scanning rings require some practice and merge of multiple objects and one of the rather difficult tasks .

3 Likes