Handheld Stabiliser first experience

Revo have lost the plot. Asked for a refund for the stabiliser. This is the reply.
Hope this email finds you well.
Is there any chance you can keep the order if I send you a turntable as a gift so that you can scan objects more conveniently and easily?
Or if by any chance you got some friends who might be interested in this scanner?

@penneyduck the software is ready and go through the last testing approval today before posting it officially .
That’s all info I got for you direct from the source today.
Of course it is up to you what you decide to do in this situation .

Of the record
From what you said I think someone got confused … or reply to a wrong customer …what scanner ? What turntable? If you need just the software update to make the stabilizer working as expected .

Yes, as above.
Just want a refund for the stabiliser. That’s all my email said.
If they can’t supply the software to make it work I want a refund.
Latest is they can’t find my Oder info.
What a bunch.

@penneyduck it is very clear to me …

Sorry you have to go through this … not good experiences at this point .
Hopefully things get resolved the proper way.

Such a shame as the hardware is top.
Good software developers must be thin on the ground.

The hardware is always better , the software never truly reflect the full potential no matter what scanners we are using or hardware.

You know the button function of the Stabilizer was already there for long time , it was not the issue that the software was pulled back for revision , there were other issues and not related .
Releasing the software just to have bunch of other bugs on top was not an option .
Not to mention new function was added as well so it is a plus .

Everything is fixed now and awaiting approval by the Boss .

Things should never go this way in first place and there is no excuse for that .

Hopefully we can move now in better direction and actually enjoy the hardware for once.

Hopefully sooner than later …

1 Like

Yep, just done PC turntable scan of motorcycle part and printing it out now.
It still just blows me away with the detail.
Thanks again Pop for your help.

1 Like

That’s good to hear you having a productive day , I guess it never get old when you scan something successful, the satisfaction is always there .

I wish I could help you more in your case , but sometimes it is out of my reach .

Enjoy your productive day whatever you do !

Dear Mac users,

Sorry for keeping you wait for such a long time.

Download link:
https://www.revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/Revo_Scan_for_mac_v4.2.0.20221126a.zip

Feature Updates

1. Fixed an erroneous sound prompt occurring in a non-scanning state.
  2. Fixed visual errors appearing on the Fusing, Meshing, or Texture Mapping progress bar.
  3. Optimized how point clouds are displayed.
  4. Optimized Dual-axis Turntable Connection.
  5. Improved Revo Scan’s stability.
  6. Optimized the firmware update process.
  7. Stabilizer Start/Pause button is now active (beta)

Best Regards
The Revopoint Team

1 Like

@penneyduck for once MAC users have better version than Windows users :wink:
I hope it finds you well !

1 Like

That’s fab for Mac users.
Keep up the good work.

1 Like

So when will new windows/android version be released? :grin:

I will tell you when I know … Windows soon but mobile not sure, not tested it even yet

1 Like

Dear PUTV,
really impressed by your demonstration with the Revopoint Range last week. Congrats!
Since I updated to Revoscan v5 on my iPhone 12 Pro IOS v.16.3.1 I cannot get my POP2 to work with the handheld stabiliser. It only works now with the Mini.
By the way, the Start/Stop Scan button has never worked.
When is this going to be fixed please?
Can you please support?
THANK YOU!!!
Bests
Ignacio

1 Like

Hi Ignacio , the iOS start / pause button was fixed already however on Mac and iOS the volume button activation while using the start button can’t be solved yet for a reason I am not aware off , this has to do with the main hardware that was about to be redesign to avoid this issue in the future .

I will ask the team about it and let you know , personally I only use Win and Android so I was not able to test iOS version with the stabilizer and POP2 , however @dfodaro uses it so maybe he knows if it working for him or not , in any case I will find out for you .

And thank you for your kind word :relieved:
PUTV

I can confirm start stop button does not work again on RS5 with IPhone 12.
FFS.
Works fine on old version of R/S on my iPad.
I won’t be upgrading that until this is fixed.
Frame rate is also bad on RS5 at only 7 FPS.

1 Like

Stabiliser will not connect to RS5 on win 10 at all
It shows up but will not connect.
Works fine on RS 4.3.0 Win 10.
For me stabiliser is again useless with latest Revo software.

1 Like

Hi
I’m testing the app for ios RS5 these days (I’ve been testing with the RANGE and it works smoothly)

I still have to try the hand stabilizer (which I’ll do in the next few days)

1 Like

You will find stabiliser won’t work.

1 Like

Thanks @penneyduck for letting us know

@dfodaro thanks