DIY Slider for Révopoint POP

Ah, alright, so I had it wrong: I assumed “x” was the vertical axis, while “y” was respresenting the rotation.
That would have meant that the scanner was going up all the way, then the turnrable would rotate 36deg, then the scanner would go down all the way, turntable rotate another 36deg, scanner going up… and so on.
I think that wouldn’t stress the person on the turntable as much as being spinned around a full 360deg for each “slice”.

You are absolutely right, these are examples, after each one can configure as he wants, Horizontal / Vertical or Vertical / Horizontal. there is the possibility of a spiral because the revopoint takes a surface of 200mm in height approximately so with a slower rise, it is possible, everything is possible :slight_smile: there is also the speed control G0 X200 F1500 (Adjust the speed at 1500mm / minute) for example

2 Likes

“there is the possibility of a spiral” uhmm, not sure how I would feel after having been spun around completely several times, however slowly :wink:

Hello everyone, The stl pieces are already done. The electronics is also ready, now I can only wait for the arrival of the turntable and the v-slot bar.

2 Likes

nice job :slight_smile: I will make a part to replace the POP support which will allow it to be given a little angle (can be motorized with an MG996R!)

Hello MoussArena,
I have finished mounting the Slider, modifying the v-slot bracket, since I have no space on the wall. The turntable I have modified so that it can be used by the Slider or work independently with its original electronics. Controlling gcodes is not complicated and I configure it to suit me with no problem.
Problems arise with the scan: Holes, especially above the head, sometimes two noses appear, other times strange ears. I do not finish hitting the light, the distance or the gain.
How is the servo you plan to develop? I think it could be interesting to take certain angles that eliminate hidden areas when scanning.

Hello Osado,
as you can see on this video I have no holes! only the hair is causing some concern which can be solved in meshmixer. in order not to have holes, the POP must be straight and the character must keep his head straight and not move, and the speed at the limit of tracking loss,

Regarding the second engine (MG996R) I am working on a new support, but the holidays do not give too much time …

for the Gcode yes it’s very easy once you understand the system, you can do whatever you want :wink:

Hello @MoussArena .

;;
;
As I do not have a space on the wall, I show you what I have done to hold the V-Slot and be able to use it near my PC, with which the USB 3.0 cable reaches the PC without extensions and I can practice with myself, at the same time that I can see the PC screen

2 Likes

Very good idea for the workshop, is it a rotating stool that I see on the 4th photo ? because that gives me the idea :slight_smile:

Hi @MoussArena
The stool does not rotate, it is over the turntable.

1 Like

ok lol, I will still take the idea of the stool on the set :slight_smile:

Here is the system I imagined to make POP rotation available, with an MG996R I think that would be sufficient !

3 Likes

I look forward to testing this system soon. Thanks

Dang…that is so cool! I’m all in for whatever it takes to get one of these built! Thanks for your work to make this happen. I’m gonna start looking things over right now.

1 Like

Considering building this slider. Anyone with one of these “Sliders” using a Pop2?

Very well detailed

Thanks

I receive the POP 2 very soon I will post a result

Here is the 45° inclination mode (which allows on the body, to take the top of the skull, the places that would need an angle) made with a servo motor MG996R, I just have to find the solution to be able to adjust the Z axis rotation speed.

I don’t know much GRBL apart from $ parameters and Gcode commands, if there are some of you who know better I’m interested :slight_smile:

Download Bracket Z : https://cdn.thingiverse.com/assets/e3/2f/1f/c5/d1/bracket_mg996r_pop.stl
Download Plate MG996R : https://cdn.thingiverse.com/assets/da/52/13/5f/29/plate_mg996r.stl

2 Likes

I was thinking a cam arrangement for tilting the Scanner, a lever which tilts the scanner when it contacts a cam lobe attached to the angle behind the V-slot.

Here is my build so far, CNCjs works fine.

4 Likes

great installation, it’s nice to see POPers using what we do :slight_smile: in a few days I will release my final version which will be much more precise and which can go from -45° to + 45° with adjustable speed.

3 Likes

Tried the “Slider” during the day and there was too much daylight behind me. Tried my head again at night, and the POP2 loses track because I lean forward and so I am not staying centered on the scanner. Bring the “DIY Slider” down and scan an object on the turntable close up, and this are the only scan I am able to get.

Calibrated unit and have super numbers.

Very frustrating