DIY Slider for Révopoint POP

Code3Smith: Yes the support is impeccable, I have to add the link of this denier in thingivers.

everything else worked fine for me, I only removed the turnbuckles because I am using a simpler method :slight_smile: and that works perfectly.

the electronic part is finished,
the software part is finished,

I just have the complete tutorial to do for this weekend :wink:

3 Likes

Hi @MoussArena , I am printing the stl files from thingiverse and the only one not showing is the spacer. The internal diameter must be 5’1mm? I don’t think the thickness is very important, but how long should the length be?

Hello @MoussArena, With your permission I answer to myself. I have designed the Spacer from SketchUp, with the following measurements: 5mm in length, 9mm in external diameter and 5.1mm. diameter of the hole.
I have inserted the M5x40mm screw. next a Spacer, a washer, the POM v-slot, washer and Spacer. The exact length stands out to put a washer and a nut after the Plate and it has been perfect.
I can send you .SKP and .STL files if you want, but I don’t know how to do this

1 Like

Hello,
in fact I am not uploading the spacer, because for my part I am installing metal spacer.

my spacer: thickness 5mm, outside diameter 11.95mm, inside diameter 5mm

if you want to put your spacer in download no problem you can put them on thingivers and I will put the link in the description.

the first tests are conclusive :slight_smile: I also made a calculator to be able to make the adjustments on all object sizes up to 1900mm.

2 Likes

Hi @MoussArena The Spacer.stl is uploaded to thingiverse 5141951.
It is the first time I post something, next time I will do better.

3 Likes

here I am not very good in the tutorial, but I hope that this video will be able to help you to understand the system :slight_smile: if you have questions do not hesitate :wink:
this can be improved as some have already done like (Code3Smith, osado) thank you to them, if you modify, improve the system please share :wink:

[Instructable link]
https://www.instructables.com/Slider-Révopoint-POP/
[Full video (20mn)]

6 Likes

Hi @MoussArena ,

Thank you so much for your instruction.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

What a great project and video, which is more professional than many “real” products! BIG KUDOS!
I hope I find some spare time to build it.
Thx for sharing!!

Hi @MoussArena and Code3 Smith.

The three pieces designed by @MoussArena give me trouble printing with quality.

I have found a very simple system to tighten the GT2 belt, which consists of minimally lowering the hammer head nut using a file until it allows the belt to pass underneath. Using an M5x12mm screw, the end of the screw presses strongly against the GT2 and also grips the bracket very well with the v-slot.

3 Likes

Very nice project, well done

1 Like

Did you smooth the end of the screw to minimize wear on the belt?

1 Like

Hi @JeffLindstrom . No. I have not. At the moment I have only verified that the fixation is strong, now it will be necessary to see the long-term result, but I understand that it should not be a problem since there is no friction.

Here is a small demo of my wife about 9mn on this video I did not do any retouching, there is no loss of follow-up.

with this Gcode

G0 X340
G0 Y200
G0 X0
G0 Y400
G0 X340
G0 Y600
G0 X0
G0 Y800
G0 X340
G0 Y1000
G0 X0
G0 Y1200
G0 X340
G0 Y1400
G0 X0
G0 Y1600
G0 X340

As for the tensioners, I did a little bit like Osado directly with a T-Nut and a screw, it does not move.

4 Likes

Congratulations @MoussArena , this is exactly what I’m trying to achieve.
Thank you very much for sharing your project.

2 Likes

Wow, that really came out good! How many passes did you have to do or was it all in one?

If I interpret the G-code correctly, it was done in nine passes (one pass meaning the scanner on the slider going all the way up or down), with a turn of 40 deg between each passes. Or rather 36 deg between passes, if the turntable wasn’t going 360, making the last pass the same as the first one, but (360 deg / 10), thus leaving the last pass undone.

1 Like

Hello MoussArena . I have a confusion and I am not sure, but if as you propose a pulley with 20 tooth is used, with a GT2 belt, with a pitch of 2mm. and a DRV8825 at 1/32, it should not give a number of steps per mm of 160 and not 200 as you propose for $101 = 200 ?.
I think that with the 16 tooth pulley that would be 200 steps per mm.
Sorry if i’m wrong.

Hello, yes it is 160 normally, but I have mid 200, and it works perfectly! and for the 50BYJ46-1 I had to tweak because it is a 1/60 but it works very well with the settings that I apply.

here is the scan mode for the code below

G0 X340
G0 Y200
G0 X0
G0 Y400
G0 X340
G0 Y600
G0 X0
G0 Y800
G0 X340
G0 Y1000
G0 X0
G0 Y1200
G0 X340
G0 Y1400
G0 X0
G0 Y1600
G0 X340

2 Likes

Thanx, stupid me as it goes by how tall your subject is to scan as the taller they are the more scans are needed :wink: