Brand New Revopoint POP2 3D is not reconigzed in Windows 11

Hi,

I connected POP2 3D Scanner via:
a) USB 3.0 Port (blue)
b) USB-C 3.1

Scanner is not identified in windows device manager.
Tested by WiFi and it works, but I would like to work with it in USB only.

Can you please help?
Thanks

Maybe your USB port doesn’t supply enough power.
Apparently, it’s recommended to use a powered USB hub.

1 Like

Once you connect the scanner via USB Windows should make ready the device and 2 cameras should be visible under Device Manager RGB and Depth Camera .
You need also check if you have permission set proper under your system settings if nothing show up under Device Manager .
Check if the scanner have green light on the back before checking .

If nothing show up you will need to use different power source , don’t use 5V phone charger to powering POP2

Sometimes motherboard don’t supply enough power and data via USB at the same time via just one cable , I am using the mobile cable , one cable for powering and one for data since it never worked with just one cable for me .
Same on my tablet … only via WiFi but that is the device issue . On some it works fine on others it don’t .

Also check if your USB is not in power saving mode , you can check it out under Power modes settings of your computer , it need to be disable .

Laptop is MSI Titan GT75. USB Ports have power enough :wink:

“Once you connect the scanner via USB Windows should make ready the device and 2 cameras should be visible under Device Manager RGB and Depth Camera .” - There’s no 2nd camera in Device Manager.

“Check if the scanner have green light on the back before checking” - Yes it does have green light.

“Also check if your USB is not in power saving mode , you can check it out under Power modes settings of your computer , it need to be disable .” - Is not in Power Saving mode. Laptop is connected to 750W Power Supply.

Thanks

Ok then there is a different problem on the hand .

All USB’s are set by default to use power saving mode regardless what power supply you use or in what power mode your system is set up , but that is not the issue here .

If you don’t see second camera under Device Manager , the device is not ready

This don’t matter, I have 1500W power supply and new motherboard, it don’t works using just one USB cable but it works using mobile cable .

Please make a test
Use the included Mobile cable , power is USB A and Data is USB C , connect the both cables to your laptop and start Revo Scan and see if it works .

If it don’t works @Revopoint3d-Selina will check out this issue with the development team and get back at you soon .

1 Like

Hi
Would you mind sharing a full video showing the problem? So that we can help. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi All,

I had to connect bioth USB cables in laptop (USB 3.0 and also the USB-C). But there is a order for this:
1st you need to connect the USB 3.0 cable
2nd the USB-C cable.

If you don’t do this way it will no be recognized by windows.

Now, I am trying to calibrate the scanner and also learning how to render stuff for printer !!!

Long way to go.

Thanks all for the support.

BR

That is a good news @nunix just please backup first your original calibration parameters and do not calibrate if the calibration tests don’t tell you to do so .

There is coming a new calibration software soon , if I was you I will wait for it.

If your test score is not above 0.1000 I would leave it the way it is .
Some issue can accurate if the test calibration is around 0.2000 or above
Getting lower than 0.1000 will not improve anything .

OK …

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Really appreciate all effort

Thanks

1 Like

BTW, camera firmware is 2.7.36.20220329
Is there any newer firmware that can be installed? Or this is the best one?

Thanks

In Revo Scan check if you have upgrade button next to the firmware number , if your device is up to date , you will have no button .

Hi,
I have the same problem width my revopoint pop 2. My scanner works but I made the upgrade and now it’s not recognize by windows. I try with all the cable and it doesn’t run. Do you help me please ?
thanks

Check if you have green light on the back of your scanner , if it is blue then click 10 times on the play button on the back to restore the upgrade to original version .

So what is the color of the led ?

The led is blue when I connect my scanner. I have try your tips but the keep blue

1 Like

Yes that means the firmware upgrade did not go well .
You can restore it by clicking 10 times the play button on the back , it will turn red, blue and then green .

After that you can try to upgrade the firmware again , but if you are on Windows , the turntable is not ready yet for POP2, so you can skip it for now as there will be soon a new firmware .

1 Like

thank you it’s short click or long click because the reset function doen’t work

1 Like

Short fast 10 clicks , the button need some pressure , try couple of times .
Connect it only to power source , adapter or battery power bank

Hi,
I try with power bank, with my computer, with a power source and the reset doesn’t run
I’m lost the scanner I have use 2 times and now it’s down

1 Like

You need help from the development team , @Revopoint3d-Selina should help you here forward to determine if your device can be fixed or need replacement .
I tagged her so she will check it out tonight for you .

Hi Sancho,
I have forwarded this problem to our tech support. I will let you know if I have the solution.

Thanks @PUTV

1 Like