POP 2: No USB Connectivity on USB 3.0

Received POP2 on 3/21

Winows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19043 build 19043

Issue: Multiple issues

1. Using the Revopoint Scan SW (4.0.0.0227a), the application will not detect POP2 device. Using the mfg supplied USB (type A) cable to the USB3.0 port (on computer) and plugged into the POP2 (green light lit), the system device manager will detect the device. The application will not detect the device.

2. Using the Revopoint Scan SW, the application will not detect POP2 device. Using the mfg supplied USB (type C) cable to the USB3.0 port (on computer) and plugged into the POP2 (green light NOT lit), the system device manager will NOT detect the device. The application will not detect the device. Suspect Cable issues?

3. Tried to download the Android application to my phone to use the POP2 via wireless. Upon downloading the application from the Revopoint3d website, the application will not install. Phone OS: Android 10. I have enabled the Install Unkown Apps feature.

It seems that your computer’s USB 3 port may not be able to provide enough stable power. The likely explanations for this:

1. You are actually using a USB 2 port; verify that the polarity tab in the Type A is blue.
  2. The USB port is level 3, but it is poorly designed and is not working. Try a different port.
  3. The POP is defective and is drawing too much current (an internal short circuit). Check if the top of the case gets hot enough to almost (or actually) burn your skin.

As a workaround, try the WiFi mode. In the default configuration, the POP 2 will open a WiFi router with the password, “Revopoint3D”. Connect to it as you would any other WiFi router and start the Revo Scan software.

Look in device manager of Windows 10, for two devices created under “Camera”.

Worked fine for me on Windows 10, but on Windows 8.1 the devices (Drivers) do not load…
EDIT - Deleted 8.1 drivers and it loaded working drivers after that…

I have scanning working in both windows 10 and 8.1 now

Continued investigation with roadblocks.

Issue #1 still exist, and omit issue #2: RevoScan not recognising USB device being connector. Motherboard Bios is current, USB3.0 (blue port) and USB 3.1 (teal color, manual says outputs 3A) enabled. Tried both varieties of ports with no luck. Under Device Manager shows Camera Device with RGBCAM(Serial number) and DepthCam(Serial Number) and in working order. While POP 2 is plugged in, measured surface temps of scanner ~103F or 39C. POP2 Unit has Green LED Lit when fully powered up.

Issue #3: Connected POP2 via wifi to phone. Successful connect but still cannot load RevoScan application to Android device. tried three different android devices and all came up with an install error. Can RevoScan3.0.0_20220307a_Beta1.apk from the download site be corrupt?

Is there a way to confirm read out of POP2 F/W for verification if this unit needs F/W update?

For everyone who is looking at this thread,

This is now OBE for now.

This was resolved from another thread.
https://forum.revopoint3d.com/t/cant-get-my-revopoint-pop-to-work/2227/24

Hi @tomytum ,

Just confirm, you mean all the issues you reported in this thread have been solved, including the Android connection issue, right?

Best Regards
Cassie

Issue #3 still exist. Have not continued further with the Android.

The default security level on all Android phones prohibits random sources for program installation.

You can manually change this by invoking Developer mode (you’ll have to look that up for your phone model), but you should be able to find Revo Scan on Google Play in the next day or so.

Can you try the latest V3.0.2 version?

https://www.revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/Revo_Scan_for_android_v3.0.2.20220325.apk