[Announced] Beta Tester Wanted! Apply to test the NEW Revopoint 3D Scanner!

Dear All,

Thank you for your participation. All entries are good, especially some users shared their scan result with us: @Rilot @Cristi @Draven46 @pvinhha @Mou @CollinK @Alex666 @phillyjerry

After discussion carefully, we finally choose @Rilot as the final Beta Tester since his showcases with clear application.

Congrats! Please send your shipping info to me via PM asap.

Btw, we usually will choose the active users who shared excellent showcases on our forum and Facebook groups. Therefore, pls keep active, there’re still many chances in the future.

Dear customers,

Good news!

As a company with strong R&D and manufacturing capabilities, we’re constantly striving to push technology and cost barriers to their limits. And that’s why we’re excited to announce the upcoming launch of our new product on Kickstarter - the INSPIRE 3D Scanner - our most cost-effective and user-friendly 3D scanner yet.

Learn more and subscribe here: Revopoint INSPIRE 3D Scanner Kickstarter Signup

You can also follow it on Kickstarter: https://revo.ink/476BeoF

Now, we want to find ONE lucky user on this forum to test this scanner for FREE. So if you’ve got what it takes to be our beta tester, answer the questions below for the chance to get a Revopoint INSPIRE!

Here’s how to get involved:

Step 1: Click the link to subscribe to our Kickstarter project: Revopoint INSPIRE 3D Scanner Kickstarter Signup

Step 2: Share your user story with Revopoint in the comments.

You can share how you know Revopoint, why you choose us, and your 3D scanning experiences and workflow.

Recruitment Period:
Jul 25th to Aug 7th, 2023, Beijing time.

Winner Announcement:
Aug 8, 2023

Applying for this opportunity means that you have agreed to our Terms and Conditions.

6 Likes

I’d like to apply. I have no scanning experience, a plus! I have an educational webcam to do an unboxing with, and I have a variety of items I’d like to scan with your scanner!

1 Like

i would like to apply, but not much scanning expierence with Range because of small living area lol, but I do have expierence of scanning with Mini. the reason i get revopoint instead of other, tbh price (cost/ price value) is important, and the scanning outcome is better than other brand (except industrial level scanner tbh), easy to use.

video making expierence: I do have exp. about video editing but rare exp for product review

Hi @Pygar2 ,

You can share how you know Revopoint, why you choose us, and your 3D scanning experiences and workflow. :grinning:

Hi @kkula9999 ,

You can share more info about your 3D scanning experiences and workflow with Revopoint products. :smile:

To be interested in 3D scanning is to know Revopoint; and I don’t see anyone else hunting for beta testers with such offers! Being a total noob who has never scanned anything, makes me a perfect tester- since ALL new scanners will be just like me!

1 Like

Dear Revopoint team,

I hope this introduction finds you well. My name is Parker Goodwin and I am truly passionate about using your technology to bring comfort and solace to
families who have experienced the loss of a child. After losing my own daughter, Adrian, to stillbirth, I was left with only delicate plaster molds of her tiny hands and feet, which became the most precious possessions I had.

Recognizing that many other families face similar heartache, I decided to make a difference. I utilize Revopoints’ MINI scanner for babies between 10 to 20 weeks gestation, and the POP2 scanner for those from 20 weeks to full term. These scanners enable me to capture intricate details, preserving the memories of these precious babies in the most accurate and heartfelt manner.

When scanning, I employ a freehand approach with the handheld stabilizer, ensuring that each scan is done with the utmost care and sensitivity. To further enhance the scanning process, I also utilize the dual-axis turntable, which aids in capturing comprehensive and seamless images of the delicate molds.

With the help of Revopoints’ robust software, I align these scans together to create a perfect rendering of the original molds. The resulting 3D prints are not only more durable but also serve as a lasting tribute to these angel babies, offering comfort to grieving families.

As a potential beta tester, my experience and expertise in using the MINI and POP2 scanners, along with the constructive feedback I can provide, will be invaluable in enhancing future scanner models. I am committed to improving the technology and ensuring that it continues to serve families in need, helping them cherish and hold onto their precious memories.

Thank you for considering me as a beta tester for Revopoints’ new and upcoming 3D scanner. This opportunity would not only allow me to amplify my efforts in supporting loss families but also contribute to the ongoing development of this remarkable technology.

Attached is some of my work.

Sincerely,
Parker Goodwin

1 Like

Thank you for the comment. We request participants to share their stories with Revopoint because we want to learn more details about their usage of our scanners and their user experience.

You can’t take a car for a test drive if you don’t know how to drive … simple
This contest is for users that know what they are doing and can show off their work using the beta device and give a proper tip about eventual future improvement.

So if you never scanned anything I don’t think you can evaluate a device and determine if it is working proper , all our current beta testers knows well what they are doing .

Do you have any 3D experiences at all ?

Hello all.
I’ve hear about Revopoint from a colleague who is a beta tester also, and searching for information about your products. My interest is professional and personal. I’m lucky to love what I do. I’m a fabmanager at the University of Évora makerspace, _ARTERIA_LAB, and have extensive experience with artec scanners, both for students’ artistic projects, as well as for conservation and heritage research, with Hercules Laboratory (also UÉvora). I’m interested in the democratization of technology, specifically in what regards price and ease of use. I look forward to testing your products, comparing them with the results I usually get from expensive high grade equipment and make recomendations based on my findings. I can post my findings privately or publicly; I am an ongoing fabacademy student and can share my experiences on my documentation website, or make videos if deemed relevant.
Thanks for your consideration,
Marius

Hi Marius… thanks ! , it is more about evaluation of already designed product by PhD Revopoint engineers and designers, more of a first test spin , showcase , review …more of a beta user experience than actual beta testing .

Revopoint looking for new Beta users that knows what they doing , are familiar with the products and software and can produce optimal examples with it showing the full potential of the tested device and what it can offer in place of what it can’t do .

I hope it is more clear

Interesting. Won’t lie I would like to participate, but unsure can I really fit in.

Since it is said I should say how I’ve got to Revopoint: met it in the first reviews of the POP scanner. Yeah, the results didn’t look very promising, but it was a first early bird, so it was both no reason to criticize and no reason to buy since the scanning quality was too far from “hey, that’s the thing!”. So when I had noted Kickstarter of the POP 2, I wanted to participate, but I’ve learned about it too late.

When Mini was announced, I said “OK, count me in”. And yes, I knew there gonna be some trouble with tracking since it uses a smaller “window” to track the object, but when it actually came, I found that those “tracking issues” were major up to complete inusability. There were tips and tricks, but tracking was a complete pain anyway. As I found out, some YouTube videos said absolutely the same even they made it in a more polite way.

Since I think 5.08 or so I’ve got reports from our community users that it became way more usable with a lot less of tracking losses, but by that time I’ve sold it already since by the software versions I’ve used it had to be tremendous work to be done to actually get practical results. What’s interesting, is the person that told me the tracking form Mini is way better now is the same person, who said that he was ready to throw it out of the windows a few Revoscan versions before :slight_smile:

When I’ve got Range, things became better, but without a large turn table, stabilizer and/or a stand to gradually move the scanner up or down it is still very hard to me to scan a human. I’ve got positive result, but it is one positive result.

For me it is interesting, how really both software updates and the presence of EMU can boost up the new scanner in the field of tracking since for me it is a primary issue of using Revopoint scanners. I don’t divide software and EMU since we use them in conjunction and tracking either do or don’t.

Also, for now I don’t really get, how this scanner going to meet with POP 3. I mean what niches both of them are going to take separating one from another. If I understand it correctly, Inspire going to be something between the POP 3 and the Mini.

My user story with Revopoint:

Scanning starts and ends with a Pop!

I’ve always been fascinated with 3d scanning and have played around with photogrammetry on and off for years. When the original Pop appeared on Kickstarter I backed it because it seemed like a cheap way to get scanning. The Pop was rough around the edges and the software was lacking oh so many features but it was fun to use and frustrating in equal measure. I made lots of scans that looked like Star-Trek transporter malfunctions but I learned how things work, what can and can’t be scanned, and how to approach things.

Time went on and I started using 3d scanning as an integral part of my workflow. I needed something better than the Pop so I bought an Einscan SE. This was a very impressive product. Very limited, big, heavy, and slow but I got really good results with it. This was my workhorse for a few years and the benchmark I measured all future scanners against.

Fast forward to the Pop2 Kickstarter and I jumped on it right away. Much improved hardware and the software was getting better all the time. It didn’t replace my Einscan but was used alongside it as another tool in the kit bag for when lugging a 5kg scanner around wasn’t an option.

Mini was announced and I once again backed it on Kickstarter. Now we’re at the point where my Einscan is getting used less and less. Mini opened up new possibilities for reverse engineering for me, being able to capture details I previously didn’t think possible unless using $10k+ hardware.

Range arrived and was backed as usual. I use this one less but it’s still useful. Fantastic for scanning big stuff that I need to fit small stuff to.

Here’s a scan of one of the panels of my back door. I had a cat-flap in it that I needed to replace and wanted to design something that would fit perfectly.

I made a cover that aligns with it:

Then the biggest upgrade of the lot happened. Revoscan 5. What a difference. My Einscan was sold and I went all-in on Revopoint. The software now matched the hardware for quality.

Pop3 is my current workhorse. Fantastic product that it is. It sits alongside my other Revopoint scanners on the shelf of scanning stuff next to my workstation.

So, how do I use scanners? Well, mainly its for reverse engineering. If I need to make something that fits to something-else, it’s a massive time saver to scan the something-else and then model it in CAD rather than mess around with calipers and trial and error.

So, after that Giant Wall of Text crits you for 18,436 damage, let’s move on to workflow.

I start with a scan of an object, for example, here is a battery for a power-tool:

I want to make that battery fit in to the place for these batteries:

So, I get the scan in to Fusion 360 and start with a section sketch:

And gradually start adding curves and lines to build up a basic shape of the object:

I can then extrude those shapes to make a rough object of the correct dimentions:

After a bit of tidying and using the scan as a reference, we end up with a decent CAD model:

Next, we do the same for the original battery, import the scan and start doing section sketches:

I can then eventually design something that fits exactly to the model:

And finally, after many hours we end up with a finished product:

This is a very condenced overview of my workflow as there are lots of “Oh dear, that doesn’t work” moments but I get there in the end.

I’m very much a journeyman CAD person and scanner operator. I do this for fun and because I’m fascinated by manufacturing and product design. I love to learn and the Revopoint scanners have helped my take my designs to the next level.

I hope this post shows what can be done when you have a Revopoint scanner in your kit-bag.

1 Like

Very nice story and previews Andrew …

Hi @Harh as always your I he t still need to have proper feature mouth to be scanned without issue .
The problem in general us that people scanning the wrong objects with the wrong scanner , how bigger the FOV how less tracking you need per square cm , that why for many users Range worked so well .
But the truth is that any of the device scans just the same way , if you use the proper size and settings .

The EMU helping to track preview frame much easier reducing the " jumping " while the scanner moving too fast from one feature to another . But if there are no features nothing will help you .

This type of technology relays heavily on changes of the surface as each distortion of the projected pattern provide a point of tracking for the frame cell .
And each frame cell is like shingle , if it don’t match preview shingle ( frame) by 20% it fails to align and the process is interrupted .
There is many other factors that can interrupt the process , as that’s the nature of structured light scanners no matters it cost $300 or $3OK

Hi, my scanning story starts last year, while i was browsing different Kickstarter projects, i found Revopoint Mini 3D scanner and because i own 3D printers i tought it might be useful for what i do so i backed Mini premium package.

I have no previous 3D scanning experience, it was a learning curve, i couldn’t even scan the small statue provided with the scanner, while i was trying to learn and post different questions on Mini Facebook group, someone told me i can’t learn because in his opinion i was technologically illiterate, i didn’t like that guy, i never give up so i blocked him and continued my journey learning to scan with Revopoint Mini.

I can do 3D modelling, reverse engineering, 3d model sculpting.

My simple yet effective workflow can be seen in this video while i scan with Revopoint Range a Caesar bust.

I can do presentation videos like i did for Revopoint Kickstarter campaign:

I will show you some of my scans using Mini, Pop3 and Range:

I can post more scans with Revopoint scanners.
I think i covered all aspects of my presentation, if you have any questions, let me know.

4 Likes

Beautiful scans and entry Cristian !
Keep up the good work .

1 Like

Thank you very much Cath. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello :blush:,

For my part, I am a beginner!

I participated in the KS Revopoint Range campaign. So I have a Range as well as the large turnable platform.

Me and my children had the idea of scanning our whole family in order to create figurines to play board games :star_struck:. For the moment, we are still in the learning phase: the use of the Range has more complicated than it seems! We still managed to get good results: my children (which I can’t share here). All details are not yet at the level I want :sweat_smile:. We are therefore going to acquire photo equipment: dark background and some lights in order to have good contrasts.

We would be the ideal testers if you want to talk to “everyman”. We are moving step by step and would like to share our findings so that everyone can get started with these new tools!

THANKS.

1 Like