[Announced] Beta Tester Wanted! Apply to test the NEW Revopoint 3D Scanner!

@PUTV I have 2 questions about the Inspire. First, is the resolution really only 0.2mm? If that is correct, isn’t that half the Range resolution?

Second, can the Magic Mat be used with other Revopoint scanners or it is only optimized for the Inspire? Is the Magic Mat made of durable material (like a mousepad) or is it just a printed plastic sheet of material?

Bruce

The true resolution is 0.1mm , it have
lower accuracy than POP 3 , but better than Range at the same distance .
However you can’t compare Range here to that .

INSPIRE is better than POP and POP2 in general at the scanning distance of 25cm , after that you have POP3 and MINI that provide best accuracy and resolution .

You can use Magic Mat with all scanners or do your own by sticking reflective markers to Black PVC mat or plastic .
The Mat is made from a simple plastic , not heavy duty. It is to help out new users to get better results with less featured objects and the marker distance is optimized for INSPIRE but will works with other scanners .

Just use reflective markers not the white paper one .

INSPIRE is simple but really great scanner , great for scanning human faces as well or other medium size objects … I prefer it fir objects the size of around 20+cm and bigger , it can scan 5cm volume as well , but it is made in general for scanning much bigger objects and it do great job also including color .

@PUTV Thanks for the information.

I am surprised that Revopoint has not made a “scanning mat” that is similar to a mouse pad/mat that has tracking dots printed on the surface so you can put it on any table and scan objects. Something more durable than a PE sheet.

They should do that the way they made for POP3 just square not round … but it is good too as I can use it with my lazy Susan or without for smaller objects .

The INSPIRE. Have 2 mats with markers , one is round and well made like a PE mat the other soft plastic square mat.

I would like to apply, I bought the Range and it’s great for big objects. Unfortunately, detail scanning is its weak point, I would like to try to scan medium-sized objects. I have seen how much effort goes into software development and improvements and I would like to participate in this. Revopoint customer support is always quick and helpful, they always try to find a solution to the problem, they don’t leave you alone.
I feel very limited when scanning large objects. I’d like to see if the quality in fine detail and texture capture has improved over the Range and earlier prototypes. I want to understand if you really get close to a 30,000 euro scanner with a much lower cost. Thank you all

Greetings! I’d like to apply as a beta tester. I’ve been using Range and recently I finally figured out how to make the scanning process work on the unit fully on Linux (3DViewer + cloudcompare software). Now, I have pretty a good 3D printing experience, and I’m planning on building a medium sized set for regular 3D Scans to improve the process, as well as develop additional software for Linux to automate scanning process. Would be interesting to be able to develop and test the workflow with multiple scanners!

I’d like to apply as a beta tester. You’ve seen my work with making miniature motorcycle engines, as it was featured by Revopoint some time ago on Facebook. Currently, I’m using the Range to reverse engineer and rebuild motorcycle fairing pieces for bikes that have been out of production for more than thirty years… examples of the scan work are below:

Hi Revopoint team,

I have been working on the 3D modeling for a long time. I’m happy that the 3D scanners have been improving a lot lately along with components, 3D technology and software. I did many experimental 3D scannings with various early 3D scanners. I found that the 3D scanners have help me greatly in creating my 3D models quicker despite of some scanning challenges sometimes.
From Kickstarter Revopoint projects, I purchased the MINI scanner first and later the RANGE scanner . I chose the Revopoint because of the good specification and affordable price point to try out. In my workflow, I used MINI scanner to scan small objects and
used RANGE scanner for larger projects as well as for body scanning. After aligning and merging scanned files, a retouching many be needed with my 3D sculpting or CAD software applications. I like the Revoscan version 5 that allows me to continue scanning an object with
few different poses to complete in just one scanning project. The RANGE scanner has good detail for large objects with deep grooves and features. MINI has great detail but best fitted for smaller objects for shorter scanning time. I love to tryout a new scanner with a capability to fill the gap in the between of MINI and RANGE. Below is the 3D model scanned by the RANGE scanner and with RevoScan version 5.0.8.

1 Like

I understand.
Still, I’m avaliable to collaborate in any other way if it’s if your interests.
Best
Marius

Buenos días desde Spain!
Estoy encantado de ser vuestro beta tester de habla Hispana si resulto ser elegido.
Tengo el Revopoint POP2 y el Revopoint Range, los utilizo para hacer figuras personalizadas escaneando desde el rostro hasta el cuerpo entero, según necesite para realizar la personalización deseada.
Os voy a enseñar la primera que hice, en este caso es un recuerdo personalizado de la estancia en el ejercito de un familiar, se quedó maravillado cuando le entregué su réplica en miniatura

Hello all, and @Revopoint-Cassie ! :stuck_out_tongue:

I had the chance to test the Pop3 nearly 2 month ago (you know how :stuck_out_tongue: )
I really want to test and optimise it like I always did in the past with the older ones :stuck_out_tongue:

Have a nice day buddy

2 Likes

I’d like to throw my hat into the ring for the beta test. My primary use of 3D scanning is to scan out of production parts for classic cars so that new dies can be constructed. Here is one such part that I scanned:

The 3D scans are brought into CAD software (Rhinoceros3D Ver 7), new surfaces are constructed from the data, and then I cut dies out of steel. The above part was scanned with a Pop 2 scanner from Revopoint. Prior to that I used what was essentially a slightly upgraded Kinect scanner (like they had on XBOX). This worked but that scanner wasn’t very good. The POP2 is much nicer.

I also have used previous 3D scanners (the kinect) to scan large sections of cars. We also do electric vehicle conversions and it can be handy to scan the whole inside of the engine bay in order to plan where batteries, motors, etc can go. I haven’t needed to use the POP2 for this yet. It’s my hope that the Inspire3D scanner, being a bit more portable might help to make this easier. 0.5mm accuracy is perfectly fine for the things I do. Even for reverse engineering parts this is fine. I redo everything with NURBS surfaces anyway and take extra measurements. But, for scanning the inside of an engine bay, 0.5mm is WAY more resolution than I’d care about anyway. We’re mostly talking about multi millimeter tolerances there.

Along the same lines as the above, I’m involved in repurposing OEM components in electric vehicle conversions. For instance, I have a 1963 Jaguar XKE with a Tesla Model S drivetrain in the back end of it. We did literally scan the rear tunnel of the Jag and the drivetrain and match things up to see how it would fit. More EVs are crashed daily and many people like to repurpose parts out of them. 3D scanners make this a lot easier.

So, I feel like I do a wide enough range of stuff that I could beta test pretty effectively.

Bienvenido collink, buen trabajo, sigue asi

Hi all! I am designing additional equipment for motorcycles and cars, over 6 years of work I have accumulated a lot of projects, it will be impossible to upload all the photos, working without a 3D scanner is almost impossible, because usually these are complex surfaces and curves, I learned about Revopoint from a friend, he uses the old POP1, then I supported the kickstarter with MINI, now I added POP3 to the collection, I never had a doubt about changing the product, on the contrary, now I am looking forward to new items and I want to test them in work and create unique things! I will be able to objectively evaluate the product and, if possible, give an objective assessment! Thanks guys.

Hello, everyone! I’d like to apply. I’m a freelancer and 3D enthusiast. Several months ago, I saw on Facebook that a user used a Revopoint 3D scanner to scan his beloved toy and this aroused my great interest. So I began to search for more information about this brand and the feedback from the users. I found that Revopoint was really good at making 3D scanners that are portable, affordable, and convenient. Therefore, I bought a Revopoint POP 3 once it was launched and wanted to use it to scan my favorite puppet. As was expected, I got a satisfying model.

I have to say that this product is very easy to use and the price is also acceptable. All I need to do is to download the software on the website and connect the 3D scanner to my computer, then I can begin my project. The software is also easy to use and it has many functions to help me perfect the scanning result. Since the product is so excellent, I also applied for the Affiliate Program. Now, I’m really excited to explore the 3D world with your new product!

The picture is my scanning result. If you are interested in it, welcome to visit my website!

1 Like

Hi @Zoltan3D,

Glad to see you again! Welcome back. :laughing: