[Winner Announced] [Contest] Share your suggestions about Handy Scan & Win A Prize!

Hi @nicolausadi

Thank you for your suggestion. I had recorded it and will discuss it.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

I would like to increase the number of WiFi password digits that can be registered in POP. I would like to be able to register at least 20 digits.

Hi @yaki

Thank you for your suggestion.

May I know which version of Handy Scan are you using now? The newest windows version had been updated, and no digital limitation for the wifi name and password. Could you please re-test it again? Thank you.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi,

After trying to scan kids under 5-yrs-old many times and failed, I came up some idea.

To maximize the scanning speed, is there any possibility we can have several scanners controlled by HandyScan simultaneously? It would be even better if HandyScan can collect point clouds from each scanner, combine and process as if it’s from a single scanner.

I saw a demo showing a prototype of human-body-scan solution.

It might be helpful if we can set 3~5 poles, each with a scanner attached on a slider, instead of using a turntable to avoid any unnecessary movement.

Due to the affordable price and detailed result we can get from POP 3D, it would be a very competitive human-body scan solution.

1 Like

It would be cool to have option to save only RAW data during mobile scan. Processing takes a lot of time on smartphone. Ideally if I could “shoot” model after model without processing and than, after downloading those RAW files from smartphone, make batch process all models on my PC.

2 Likes

Add language selection for win, Mac, Android Apps.
Add description/tool tip what scan method means
Detail, dark, face etc…
Add Update check within pc/mac app +, configurable of course.

Add share the current scan as a photo/video to post at Facebook, Instagram & Co, very good for you (ads)
Add ability to mesh with external programme, too (meshmixer for example)
Improve texturing - no good results at the moment
Add rendering completed notification for Android/iOS when rendered in the background (configurable!)
Beta, daily, weekly builds for all apps
Dark Mode for apps (configurable)

Hi @modoneer

Thank you so much for your suggestion. We will discuss with our developers and see we can allow several scanners controlled by HandyScan simultaneously.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @nuliajuk

Thank you for your suggestion. We will discuss it internally.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @MOST2K2

Thank you for your suggestions. I think we can realize several of them. We will discuss them.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Allow firmware update for the 3d scanner if new update is available from you :wink:

Hi @MOST2K2

We will do that in the future.

1 Like

Cool, i am a software developer for java and android, too :wink:
I think i have many new ideas in future :wink:

Hi @MOST2K2

That’s great!. Glad to that we have so many professional customers here. Please feel free to let us know if you have any suggestions. Thank you again. :smiley:

1 Like

Hello, I think a good idea would be to allow not only to play with the configuration settings but also to save your different configuration profiles as custom ones so when you select the type of scan you are going to perform (face, marker, body…) you could also select your previously created ones and save some time.

Also regarding texture adquisition maybe you could add an extra step after succesfully scanning something in which the device only captured the textures and applied them to the previously captured pointcloud/mesh so that the user could configure the camera to get the most realistic possible texture instead of that which better helps correctly scan the object.

Another possible way to achieve this better texturing could be if the device took some pictures while scanning the object and reprojected them to the computed mesh afterwards as some photogrametry softwares currently do during their final steps instead of adding the colors to the pointcloud as I think your device does now.

1 Like

Hi @Neosephiroth

Thank you so much for your suggestions. We will discuss internally soon.

Best Regards
Cassie

Suggestions for Windows:

1. Align the active/freshly scanned (green) points with the other (blue points), so align the already scanned model part relative to the incoming data. It is a bit confusing that they are not exactly aligned (especially because the camera view also is merged.
  2. Remember your project settings, so you don’t have to set them at every start of a scan (and a button to reset them to default settings.
  3. The undo is currently limited. It would be nice to be able to go back much more frames.

The main feature I would like to see improved is the frequent mistracking, so a better aligning between frames.

1 Like

That would be cool to get this fixed, as I plan on using the iPad mirroring to make my scanning easier.

1 Like

Hi @alain

Thank you so much for your suggestions. We will discuss with product team soon.

Best Regards
Cassie

We will try our best to find the solution.