[Winner Announced] [Contest] Share your suggestions about Handy Scan & Win A Prize!

I saw that “running away” as well in different situations. When it occures, there is no rescue, you have to throw away the results so far and start from zero. Chances are hight that it happens again. Maybe this is rather a bug than an item of improvement.

1 Like

You’re assuming it is only used in a hot spot. It can also be connected to local network via router, which then opens your whole network.

Please detail the steps to do this. I have previously read that you can connect the POP to your laptop through regular WiFi, but have not seen how it’s done.

Good evening,
My proposal for Handy Scan is an interface adjustment.
The addition of a pointing Cross to help to properly frame the subject.
In the central part of the window I propose the elimination of the background image of the scanning object (which generates confusion instead of helping the scan) and display only the point cloud (with or without texture according with settings).

1 Like

Hi @dfodaro

Thank you for your suggestions. I had recorded it, and we will consider it seriously.

Best Regards
Cassie

I’d like to see a re-do button to complement the undo button. I will sometimes erase to much with the undo button, and would like a quick way to bring that imaging back without having to rescan it.

In Handy studio, it would be nice to have a quick erase feature, that you could lasso certain areas and erase, and then possibly a mend or heal function to repair those erased areas.

3 Likes

Hi @kennytent

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I had recorded it, and we will discuss with product team.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hello,
Maybe as an “advanced feature” it would be Nice to be able to set a base reference e.g. by coloring one point on the turntable differently. With that a consecutive scanning of amorphous material could be increased in efficiency, allowing you to e.g. create a “handmade” 3d stop-motion animation based on a clay model that could follow a distinct direction in relation to the reference

1. Windows & Android:
    Windows it should be more stabile. I have a lot of bugs, Gui Problems. It works but I am waiting for an update. 13" display(Dell XPS 13) the Buttons are overlapping each other etc.
    Android: It won´t work. It would be great Play Store implementation, or somewhere where I can easily update.
    Hotspot wont work me either.

2. Version Windows(2.4.7.0430) and Android(V1.1.0_20210401)

3. Windows: Make the Gui better and userfriendly, and then I can test it out better
    Android: make Gui better, and Make better Connection with Android 10(G965FXXUGFUG4)

My system is windows, and the version number is HandyScan 2.7.9, I found the camera always fail to follow my movement. By the way, recently I’m trying to use it on my iPhone, but it can not connect with the scanner.

I would like to have the ability to change my scan window to fullscreen as it would make leaving the laptop stationary and view the screen from a further distance. or pop out in an additional monitor?

It appears that there is some “smoothness” or “less noise” factor being applied after the scan. It would be nice to have control over the smoothness factor, such as a scrollbar or a few checkboxes to adjust this smoothness factor for more noise and less smooth, or less noise and more smooth. It seems that some scans look too smooth while others look too noisy for whatever the default the program uses is.

1 Like

There is a conflict between Duet (iPad screen sharing tool) and Handy scan.
When they are both running the Duet touch doesn’t work. I want to do this but I need to have the touch screen work. See video:

Hello @Reezar

Thank you for this suggestion. We will consider it seriously.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @campa

Thank you for your suggestion.

Just one problem, I noticed you still use the old version, could you please update to the newest version?

For Android version, please check this user’s manual: https://revopoint3d.com/wp-content/uploads/download/POP%20Android%20&%20iOS%20Handy%20Scan%20Instruction%20V2.1.4.pdf

If it still not work, please click “about” to report bugs.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @Peter-Zhou

Thank you for your reply.

For iOS connection, we have a tutorial post: [Tutorials] How to use Handy Scan with Wi-Fi Mode on your iPhone?

Please kindly noted that you need to make your Wi-Fi be “Not connected”, and after you open your hotspot, please remember to wait for several seconds until there’s a blue signal on the left top cornor.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @nobletech

Thank you for your suggestion. I had recorded it, and we will consider it seriously.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @swirlingbrain

Got it. Thank you for your suggestion. We will discuss with our product team.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi @He-Bro

Thank you for you feedback. I will ask our product team about this issue, and see if they can find any solution.

Best Regards
Cassie

Hi… i have a suggestion to add additional windows/screen (whatever the name) to show the point cloud that we get during the scanning process.

So we can know which part/side lack of point cloud and we need to rescan the part/side…