[Windows & Mac ] Revo Scan V5.4.8

Hi everyone. Revo Scan 5.4.8 for Windows and macOS is now available on the official website.

Download it at: Revo Scan 5

Updates:

1. New and improved marker tracking algorithm.
  2. Optimizes the minimum point distance for advanced point cloud fusion for the POP and MINI series.
  • POP Series: Under advanced fusion, the point distance has been adjusted from 0.2 mm to 0.1 mm.

• MINI Series: Under advanced fusion, the point distance has been adjusted from 0.08 mm to 0.05 mm.

1. Adds a notification to tell you if a laptop is disconnected from the power supply.

This reminder advises users to connect their computers to a power supply while scanning, which can enhance the scanning process’s smoothness.

1. Add a setting to make the light source’s direction adjustable.

You can manually adjust the lighting’s direction to enhance the visual effect of different parts of the model.

Note: Pressing Command/Ctrl + L shows/hides the lighting. Double-clicking the lighting icon resets it to the default direction, and clicking outside the icon area hides the lighting.

1. Adds more file formats: point cloud (ASC), mesh (FBX/GLTF/3MF), and texture (FBX/GLTF).

Point cloud:

Mesh:

Texture:

1. Adds a toggle to flip the camera’s orientation 90° into portrait mode.

1. Adds Turkish language support.

1. Improves Wi-Fi stability.
  2. Optimizes scanner’s settings UI.
    Scan Settings no longer automatically collapses.

Before:

After:

1. Optimizes cumulative frames capture.
    The cumulative count of scan frames only includes frames that have been correctly spliced with data. Frames that are spliced incorrectly or without data are not included in the total count.

1. Fixes some bugs.
  2. Optimizes the user experience
9 Likes

One of the best updates!
Fantastic results in fusing with advanced mode for MINI and POP series … highly recommended!

5 Likes

Is this the update with the merge bug fixed?

We did fix a merge bug. May I ask what merge bug you are talking about?

1 Like

This one :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I will report this again. We didn’t fix this bug at this moment.

1 Like

Putv talks about it in this thread: Clean Edge Selectiontool - Support & Feedback / Suggestions - Revopoint 3D

Yeah that is the bug from last year … it was fixed then it was unfixed , probably the newest beta was without the old fix .

I think most important bug but the issue is not 100 % under merging … the merging bug don’t clean the point cloud after merging leaving the bad edges behind …

But the real issue is the bad edges bug , it is under scanning and fusing using standard mode .

The advanced mode fixed it in the current RS5 version already .

So no more bad edges when using advanced mode , make sure you prepare proper your Scan under raw edit and after fusing cut proper the edges before merging .

The registration is very simple under the merge tab , it is not efficient enough for high detailed meshes . More for 0.1 mm accuracy scans , compared to CC it is pre registration . So not as much accurate .

Check the new software update , advanced mode handle the edges proper now . The merge tab will profit from it now better .

1 Like

Activating the light icon shows me a tiny white icon in the center of the screen that I can’t click on. Any click or camera movement makes it disappear until I hit CTRL-L again.

2x 2560x1440 monitor setup if that’s the issue.

EDIT: The ball returned after a restart.

Sorry my device is still in the transit, so can’t replicate this issue at this moment .

RE: the manual adjustment of lighting direction. Could you be more specific as to when this is applied? The video shows on the mesh. Does this also apply after texturing?
I tried it after texturing one of my bone scans, but it didn’t seem to make any diff.

Thanks!!
Pamela aka Bone Lady

Hi Pamela , the texturing is in Ambient lighting , there is not an actual lighting in that tab because the tab not using any shading on the model so moving a light will not makes any difference. The lighting is already naked into the textures .

1 Like

I think I understand this. But you did answer my question, thanks!

BTW … when I get time I will write a glowing testimonial to Revopoint. I have now scanned 140 horse neck bones for my research and they are all fantastic (POP3).

Cheers!
Pamela

2 Likes

That is fantastic Pamela , you doing such amazing job doing it !

I’m having issues with larger scans (car fender) opening in this version of Revo Scan (Mac version - latest release). The scan was made with a MIRACO and I can see the point cloud and mesh in the device as well as edit the features without issue. When I download the file, and try to open it (as the editing is easier and more options are available) it stalls every time and the progress bar does not advance.

I’m short the imported Miraco project do not open after importing … right ?

I will tag @Revopoint-Jane since I don’t use MAC so can’t replicate the issue .

1 Like

Hi @ThrottleStopGarage

Are you using USB transfer or WiFi transfer? Could you send us pictures or videos to help us know more details?

Yes - the file has imported (I’ve scanned other things as well - around the same file size - all fine). I’ve even rescanned the fender 3 or 4 times - all with the same result. The software will not open the scan.

1 Like

The file has imported properly.

I’ve uploaded a few screen shots - the suspension upright mesh opens without issue and is around the same size. The fender file - again - scanned multiple times in different projects simply will not open.

It opens in the scanner just fine.