Wifi connection problem

Hi!

I tried to connect my POP to three different cell phones and one tablet, but can not connect to wifi with any. I checked all the steps and settings several times!
Any idea what else I could try?

Thanks!
Mike

1 Like

Does your cell phone plan have limits on data (say, a prepaid account)? If so, you may have Data Saver activated or your service provider may be preventing you from enabling a Hotspot altogether. That has to be turned off.

I created a Hotspot with a new cell phone that has no SIM in it, so you might want to try removing your SIM card, or turning off the Data modem (not everyone can figure out how to do that with their phones, so maybe the just removing the SIM is the way to go).

The above is for Android phones. For iOS, WiFi has to remain ON, but it has to be disconnected from any router in order for a Hotspot to be activated.

Do you have a laptop? Turning on a Hotspot is a simple (virtual) button press (after configuration, of course).

1 Like

I experienced samelike problems with my Sony Xperia cellphone Android 8. With no simcard. Wifi must be off, unless you transfer data to a pc. The hotspot was a bit hidden, check unexpected buttons.

I tried everything! With sim, without sim, all turned off, no success!?

Hi Mike,

1. Could you please record all the connection steps and send a video to us? Please send it to forum@revopoint3d.com;
  2. After you redo all the connection steps, please click “About” to report bugs.

Best Regards
Cassie

I have Apple products which do not work well with POP. It makes the scanner almost unusable and that is disappointing. I shouldn’t have to trick fuck two of my devices to get this scanner to work. If I had known this I probably would have bought something else.

Hi @porkbrains

Sorry for your bad experience.

We had uploaded a new iOS version to the App Store yesterday. After Apple allows it to release, you can download the latest version which improves the connection stability.

And the Mac version with USB Mode is available at the beta stage.

Best Regards
Cassie

Thank you for the response. I look forward to trying them out and using the scanner. Thank you again.

1 Like

Hi @porkbrains

Thank you for your understanding. We will keep upgrading our software and improve the users’ experience.

Best Regards
Cassie

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by launching the settings app by clicking on its icon.