What Features Should We Add to mobile Revo Scan 5 app (iOS and Android)?

1 Like

Good morning. I am thinking of a functionality which is very rare but appreciable. It would be great to be able to connect several Revopoint scanners (range, inspire, pop1 etc.) to increase the scanned area. only one software company has software of this type. including this feature in revoscan would be really great and will really make a difference compared to other brands. this software is called Recfusion from the company ImFusion. it is possible to operate 3 or 4 3d scanners at the same time (very useful for scanning an entire person).

2 Likes
  1. if possible, enable single shot mode for other revopoint scanners.

2. option to choose between different shaders

4 Likes

It is not realistic on mobile devices , the system is too weak to operate more than one scanner at once .
And how you imagine to connect them all ? You have one USB or WiFi connection that can support only one scanner at a time . The amount of data is too great for mobile devices .
On PC it would be a different story …

But … since the scanners using a specific infrared pattern , crossing the pattern with another scanner would confuse the software and if you lose tracking it would be very problematic.
Many tried it already with 2 separate computers and it did not worked well , including myself when I tried to scan full human body with 2 Range scanners , once the pattern crossed it was a mess .

1 Like

Instead of having to look at the chart for distance to object, far, near, etc…a color coding could be applied directly to the object being scanned. Where currently you only see green, you would see:
Green = ideal
Yellow = average
Orange = far
Red = not scanning…
(Something like this)
This would increase the UI and could simplify the user experience, since they wouldnt need to look to one more thing while scanning…just a thought! Take care!

5 Likes

Sorry I went a little fast. This would only be valid on PC. recfusion does this well with a calibration step. the infrared junction is done well. I was able to test with 2 intel realsense d415

1 Like

I would like to suggest changing the status block (Rendering) in the interface. It takes up a lot of space on the laptop screen. It would be nice if you can change the size and replace the text with an icon

1 Like

This thread is only for Mobile devices and and apps like Android or iOS, not PC, Mac .

Please share suggestions for mobile apps only .

1 Like

Hello, I would like to be able to view the color texture in Marker Alignment in Merge mode, so that if I draw target markings on the part I may use them to place the markers.

1 Like

Allow access to project files in Files app (iOS).

Export of single scan as project. I believe you can only export single scans as fused point cloud or meshed. Accidentally adding a scan to your 2GB project from yesterday is bad, especially when there is no access to the project files on device (on iOS).

iOS seems rather difficult to zoom in and out, and at some point while scanning it will zoom way out and stay that way.

Allow locking of viewport/preview camera. I’ll take responsibility of not being able to see.

Allow toggle of depth and/or RGB camera view visibility individually, with single camera being larger than when both are displayed.

1 Like

We talking here about mobile app

1 Like

Save textures as 16bit-HDR (half float). At least. Of course the hardware has to be able to capture that, too.

1 Like

The hardware would need to shot the image in RAW format , right now it do at 8bit very compressed .

Can your mobile phone capture 15 or more RAW images per second ? Or 2K in 2 min ? ( who needs DSLR )

Now imagine hardware capture 30MB per image , that would be around 60GB for a single project with 2000 frames that need to be loaded in real time to your phone via USB or WiFi in less than 2 min .

Can your WiFi on your mobile phone download 60GB+ in 2 min ?

Without RAW images you can’t have 16bit textures .

2 Likes

Well, then limit that function to SingleShot.
By the way: I’m not the developer who’s job is to develop this, I’m the one who got asked what functionality I’d like to have.

2 Likes

I just give you some background information what is needed, and what is realistic on mobile device . What can be done and what can’t. Because many forget themselves that a mobile phone is not a PC or DSLR and the same goes for the scanners .

If the scanner hardware can support a Single shot then yes very realistic situation here .
I would actually prefer that over a continuous shot , however most of older scanners don’t have proper RGB sensor for that function .

2 Likes

I think that’s really great idea which would be very interesting to be added for the Miraco.
To support custer of scanner single shot feature would be needed (like Miraco has).
If your cluster of scanner is e.g. 4x Miraco scanner then one scanner will be the master and all other slave. You position all your scanner around the object and once the shot button on the master is triggered all other salve scanner will also trigger the capture shot. Short delay of some ms might be needed to avoid collision of scan pattern.

I think this would be great feature. Especially for moving objects like persons or pets this would be great. There are some industrial 3d scanning solution who also support connecting several devices into one cluster.

2 Likes

I would like to ask for turntable calibration feature in Revo scan SW.
Scanner need to be on tripod directed to turntable.
You place calibration plate or object onto the turntable and SW will take 3 shots from different rotation. By this SW can calulate exact rotation point and tilt/azimut to the turntable. By this information the scanned cloud points can be aligned by using calculated position of turntable.
This will allow to align also scanned frames without feature on the surface (e.g. zylinder) or without markers.
Would love to see this powerful feature on Revopoint scanner as well. This is already supported from lot of other structured light manufacture like Shining3d, Rangevision, Flexscan, David/HP etc.

2 Likes

Hi @ivan

Thanks for your advice. We have included these two points in our future software planning.

2 Likes

I haven’t used the mobile app in a while, but one of the problems I ran into when I received my Range was it would automatically fuse and generate a mesh after scanning, which would result in a scan that would be less detailed compared to a scan done using the desktop software. Details seemed significantly muted even when I used my Mini, so I had since stopped using the mobile app since I couldn’t find any settings to allow me to change anything other than language. That being said, if it hasn’t already been implemented. The ability to export the project with the raw point cloud so that it can be later processed on a desktop or laptop computer. The biggest selling point for me which led me to choose Revopoint over other brands was the versatility and mobility of the scanning stage of the process. The idea of not needing a computer or laptop meant less equipment would be needed to be transported if I was doing an on site scan. Just hook it up to your phone and go. However the mobile app has not really helped this idea come to full fruition in the past, whether it was the lack of options for processing, the inability to export projects to be processed later on a more powerful system, or the simple task of getting the data off your phone, i.e. “sharing”. I’ve had countless failed attempts to share my scans to my Google drive because there was no “wifi” connection even though my 5G connection and data plan are more than capable of handling the upload. Eventually I figured out how to put my phone in developer mode, browse to the Revopoint directory and directly transfer the files via USB connection to my computer, but again a hassle. I would have much rather have a solution where if I plugin my phone to my computer and if I have Revo Scan open on my desktop, it would ask me if I would like to import the projects so that I can process them there.

Again, I haven’t touched the mobile app in a while and all these may have already been addressed, but its what’s been my experience so far.

1 Like