(UPDATED!) Two new poposals of protective case for POP/POP2 with two cold shoes and pasive heatpipe

Your unit is A21 or A22…?

Thanks.

I have all the units the first and the last , my last one is A22 .

The unit I have tested is A21… and with 40ºC ambient temperature, here in August, does not overheat excesively or stop working.

It was borrowed me by a friend who bought it in Amazon with 20% Prime Day rebate but I returned it him some days ago and I think he has returned it waiting for a new unit with the new design.

Thanks

that does not happening with each old edition device , not all of them .
If it worked at 40C , then it is all good as it should .

I don;t want everyone change their devices becouse of new edition , there is never warranty when it get about electronics .
You see my new MINI get some heat issues , and it is A22 .

1 Like

Yes but it is not my decission… he is the owner of the unit… I only commented him about that and he got another information from internet… :man_shrugging:

Ok good to know , the new firmware update also changed lots of things regarding how the hardware operates. And everyone can upgrade it regardless.

1 Like

Hi…

Yesterday I had the opportunity of test a new unit of POP2 bought by a friend in Amazon.

Its serial number starts with A22… it has not heating problems and works great in my oppinion but… its projector window is covered by the protection glass…

Does mean it that it is not the last model? I have searched in google and I have not found any photo or video of the new model with projector window not covered by protection glass. Do you have any photo?

When I have connected the new unit to my laptop Revoscan has show a notification saying that a different camera was connected and, because of that, it was impossible to open old scans made by the previous unit… Does mean it that the new unit has a different hardware?.. I think yes.

The firmware is different too… mine has 2.7.36.20220329 (the last, according with revoscan indicates) and new unit of my friend has 2.7.42.20220425 and it is the last too… May be possible that there is different firmware because it has different hardware or really it is the last for both units?

Thanks.

This means it has a different firmware and algorithms

Yours is the first edition and it is not the latest firmware , I updated my first edition couple days ago to the latest firmware but my second unit did not updated saying I have the latest firmware what is not true , I am getting also message twice the firmware can’t be reach to download .

this is a second edition batch, and also not the last firmware , my 3th unit has the latest firmware and it also do not have glass covering the projector what is the 3th edition and last batch that was produced.

Screenshot 2022-09-11 163726
the firmware was already preinstalled

The reason my first edition like yours was able to get the last firmware version is that the lock was turn off by the developer team that tested other firmware versions on my unit months ago when it got broken , the second POP2 has the same firmware as your friend’s and can;t be upgraded and my 3rd has the latest firmware preinstalled with no glass covering so it is the last batch

Old scans that was scanned with older firmware and algorithms are not more the same as the new one , as a lot things changed in the structures of the scans , different point cloud fusing etc…

OK… Thanks so much for answering all my questions and for the photo…

I work in a high school as technology subject teacher and I wanna buy a new unit of POP2 for my classes of the new course that is starting… how can I assure to get the latest version when I bought it?

Thanks newly…

1 Like

You are welcome , I am not sure how you can do that , my last one was sent via Amazon USA .
You may ask maybe Revopoint Customer Service, but you know , there is never guarantee that your new unit will be 100% perfect and have zero issues as with all electronics today you never know , nothing against Revopoint , but it is humanly impossible to test personally each unit they sent out .

1 Like

OK… Thanks so much.

I hope to receive last version when I bought it next mont…

Regards

1 Like