Tried the whole Sunday with no decent results

I was so happy when I received my unit this week and reserved my whole Sunday to get started with it. Now I am sitting here quite frustrated while I did not get out any decent results while trying to scan various objects. Will provide videos of my failures. :sob:

3D spray coating (White)
Larger turntable or flat silicone mat
Remove “daylight”
Light colored objects in the background (Floor etc) that are not rotating don’t help.

3 Likes

What do you mean by “remove daylight”?
And I read in another post that such a spray is not good for a lot of objects because cleaning afterwords might fail.
Or which spray would You suggest?

@adrian142 your videos are a total failure , you can’t scan shiny objects, glass or transparent plastic , black plastic or rubber or black paint, or metal , it is not visible by the scanner .
You need to buy yourself a 3D spray as @Miamijerry mentioned and prepare proper the surfaces , the 3D sprays are vanishing by itself not need cleaning after . One of them is

do not over scan your object many times over and over again it don’t helping making it only worse . You should scan only one tourn at a time maximum 300 frames , fuse it and mesh .
I think you need to learn a little bit how 3D scanning working , and how you scan proper your objects . The rules apply to all 3D scanners .

1 Like

In the upper window you can see the daylight reflected by lightly colored objects, either move the objects, or move to a darker location.

2 Likes

@adrian142

I think you might have underestimated the learning curve. I received my Pop 2 5 days ago and I am having some success now but I have been trying experimenting every day.

Stick at it, follow the advice you find here and you will start to see the ‘light’. I would still be struggling if not for some of the help found here, especially from @PUTV (thanks loads!).

2 Likes

You’re right! And yes, I’ll stick to it and “climb the curve”!!

1 Like

Thx a lot. I will try out AESUB 3D Scanning Spray.

1 Like

Getting better…

3 Likes

Yes @adrian142 , it getting better , starting with a simple things will get you there , just remember scanning a simple coffee mug is more difficult than the little dog you have there . Small objects with a lot of details are always much easier to scan .

2 Likes