[Tips] What can you do when your phone is almost out of memory? - Multiple Scans

That didn’t help. I pressed the button to mesh the point cloud, and I still didn’t get a chance to resume the scan.

Oh you you want to complete the other parts of the object ?
Sorry I was thinking you wanted to mesh it .

In this case , after fusing you can go back and scan the object however it not always can find the right tracking points to continue , try to rotate the object just half way so some of the scanned already parts are visible for better tracking and alignment. It all depends of the object you are scanning .

Sometimes scanning the difficult parts first is better , for example you are scanning a figurine , putting it on a side and scan it first , then put it back to normal position and continue scanning will help with tracking .

What object your scanning ? Can you post an image ?

“after fusing you can go back and scan the object”

Yes, but how? I couldn’t quite get the hang of that part with Revo Scan.

I already took the thing I was scanning apart, but before that, I did manage to complete a scan of it using my iPad Pro to run Revo Scan instead of my Android smartphone. (I’d still want to get the hang of using the Android phone, since that iPad is not as readily portable.) Here’s a screenshot of the scanned result in Meshmixer:

It’s a scan of a very clumsy cast of my my head that I did by myself while wearing safety glasses. The awful melty look comes from the cast itself, not any scanning artifacts as far as I can tell.

I see the object is bigger , you should be able to scan it at once , just use the Head mode or Body mode for practice , scanning it all at once with feature mode will requires some skills .

For the questions you have :

1. Scan it the way you did
  2. Click stop button and fuse the point cloud
  3. Change the position if the object and click the PLAY button again
    It may take little time for trackking to kick in .

But it would be much better if you scan it all at once

Put the object on the turntable , start new scan in head mode and holding the scan , start scanning from the tip moving very slowly down until you capture the whole object .

It always work , try it out .

And remember if the object is not fully visible in the depth camera preview , changing position to scanning additional parts will be not an easy task .