Texturing in Revoscan5

Hello, I tried to scan a pumpkin with my POP2 and using an additional led light source.
Not being an expert, i must admit i am quite imperssed on the results i got after just a couple of tries. I used default settings, just selected “Standard Accuracy” and enabled “Color Scanning” to have also the texture.
The resulting model looks very realistic and i am very happy with the result, but as you can see in the picture below, the final application of the texture to the model in Revoscan5 (v5.3.1.902) gives the pumpkin a strange look, with areas where the skin is brighter and area where it is darker.
I believe this is more my fault: i scanned some areas 2 or 3 times, and the distance of the light source was changing while the pumpkin was rotarting on the turntable.
So could you please tell me if Revoscan can make the brightness of the texture more uniform during the texturing of the model?
If this is not possible, maybe this could be a new functionality to be implemented in Revoscan?
Thank you very much for your help!

1 Like

Hi @Munzu

When scanning 3D objects with textures , you really need an ideal lighting condition, it is on to you to make sure that is set proper

I suggest you use neutral background to avoid change in exposure as that what happened here … the difference are in different exposures .
Always use manual RGB exposure settings when capturing textures so it don’t change .
Use soft box lighting without harsh shadows

2 Likes