Smartphone and REVO Scan compatibility

Hello everyone,
I have a RANGE following the KickStarter campaign, but I cannot use it with my smartphone (samsung galaxy A10 with Android11 ​​and up to date)

• impossible to install Revo scan “your device is not compatible”
  • I only have 1GB of Ram
    I guess I will have to change my smartphone !!
    But what is the problem? The memory Ram ?
    What should I take as a phone for optimal use of RevoPoint scanners ?

Thank you very much, I look forward to your feedback.
Guillaume
(ps: I come from France, and I use professional scanners in my job)

Definitely RAM is a bottleneck here, you’ll need minimum around 6x that amount to get decent results, specially with the range, as the files seem to be way bigger than with previous scanners.

Any modern smartphone with at least 6GB RAM and a decent available storage should be fine. The more, the better, of course. Mine is 2 years old, but it has a Snapdragon 888, 12GB RAM, 256 storage … and it handles Revoscan really well.

Thank you very much for this answer.
So I ask myself the question.
If I shouldn’t rather buy a laptop with a wheeled table to move it ?
Because the goal is to scan entire vehicles

The minimum to run Revo Scan 5 is 4GB of RAM on your mobile device , as @krofinski mentioned already a mobile device with at least 6 GB would be better for you if you going to scan using Range , as the files can be rather on the bigger size .
If your budged allows more of RAM it would be even better, with lots of free space on top for your projects . ( No SD Card)

A Win tablet or laptop with at least 16GB would do that as I am using one and works perfectly with Range when away from PC.

THANKS ! I will think about this

1 Like