Share your Scan Results

Sure - its about 12-13" high. My plan is (and its printing now) - I scaled it by 800 percent or so, so when Im done printing it, the height will be about 48" and the base will be about 20" :slight_smile: Should come out pretty well, I printed it at 8" or so on one of my SLA’s and it looks great.

2 Likes

Yes, it looks great! :clap: :clap: :clap:

What printer do you use to be able to print such a huge model?

I have a few printers (9 in total, a few FDM and a few SLA) - but my largest FDM is 500x500x500mm - so I sized this one up to max out the width, and of course for the height I just break the model up and use some industrial strength glue to piece the model together when I’m done.

I have printed a 5’ Captain America, a 4.5’ Iron Man that has lights, a T-Rex from Juraasic Park, a Large Baby Groot, and more … Its fun and just part of my 3D printing addiction :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi this is my scan… my fav shoes…

From my experience…

Meshing in Handy Studio result better detail with higher Vertices and Polygon than using Handy Scan (it’s compress too much)…

Vertices : 2.1 M
Triangles : 4.3 M

Scan Shoes by Revopoint Pop by nicolausadi on Sketchfab

5 Likes

Hi @nicolausadi

Thank you for sharing the showcase, it’s amazing!

Best Regards
Cassie

Wow,
It’s a great job! It would be great to see this textured work!
My compliments!
I hope soon to join your community and share experiences actively. I participated on Kickstarter and looked forward to receiving POP 2.
My best regards

1 Like

Scanned myself with POP face mode part by part merging into one file

Retopologized the whole model using Zbrush

Added texture throughout model

Added Hair and detail…Ready for 3D printing!!

5 Likes

Great work!
Really impressive!

Great! Thank you for sharing!

Timelapse of the print

1 Like

Finish Print!

2 Likes

Great results guys ! love it

Old quick tests done with POP1 and still old software out of the box , merged inside the software automatic
But the simple objects are supreme for this accuracy . I just imagine what 0.05mm scan will looks like in this case … finger crossed for POP2 .

This one was simple apple with price label , very surprised it even picked up as POP1 is just 0.3mm accuracy

This one was using the Dark Mode, lots of dark material and metal but worked for the test and great for prototype for modeling .

This one was Feature Mode test

This and other scans convince me to get POP2 , as everything what I did not expected I found already in POP1 , solid device ! and true to its specifications , from all 3D scans I own , this is my first choice to use in all my projects for now !

Cheers,
PUTV

3 Likes