Ispanico Revopoint POP 3 3D Scanner Showcase

New POP3 unboxing

In the package, you will find the POP3, an extendable and foldable stand, a phone holder, the standard rotating table, the calibration board, markers, a black cloth for shielding, an adhesive stick to position the scanned pieces, a bust for testing, the USB C to standard USB cable, a dual cable for the power bank and the phone, and a USB A to USB C adapter.

The new POP3 immediately presents substantial differences both on the front and the back. On the front, there are two infrared illuminators placed above and below the depth cameras, allowing for proper piece illumination. Above and below the RGB camera, we find two white LED lights to provide perfect lighting for texture capture without the need for external light sources.

On the back, in addition to the connection and power port, which is now a standard USB Type-C, we find two status LEDs and 3 touch buttons used to start and pause scans, as well as increase or decrease infrared exposure.

The POP3 has a Single-frame Precision of 0.05mm, a scanning speed detected in testing that is almost never below 15 fps, and a capture area of 125x225.
I had the opportunity to conduct several tests in these days, and I must say that the improvements are noticeable, starting with the fact that the scans are correctly oriented directly from the scanner. The scans are smooth, and I haven’t encountered any issues with tracking or generating misaligned point clouds. Paired with the new RevoScan5, it has become incredibly easy to obtain optimal scans and clean meshes without having to resort to lengthy post-processing (and I am someone who greatly values model cleanliness).

If you’re interested in purchasing, you can find the POP3 at the following links:
Global site: Revopoint POP 3: Portable 3D Scanner for Vibrant Color Scans
US site: https://bit.ly/Daniele1-US

small statue (135x30x30). The model is composed of four different scans merged together. It was scanned in high detail, in the standard object mode

If you’re interested in purchasing, you can find the POP3 at the following links:
Global site: Revopoint POP 3: Portable 3D Scanner for Vibrant Color Scans

5 Likes

Scan of a 30cm papier-mâché bust.
The bust was scanned in a single session, moving the scanner 5 times. The point cloud was fused in Advanced mode, and there was no need to remove overlapping points, only isolated points. The mesh was created with maximum detail and the texture was applied. The surfaces are smooth and require no post-processing work.

Global site: POP 3: The Handheld 3D Scanner with Color Scans - Revopoint

3 Likes

Small porcelain statue measuring 170x90x80.
I performed 7 scans with automatic exposure (which I must say works great, maintaining a moderately low brightness that prevents the creation of “dirty” surfaces from overexposure) at a rotation speed of 200 seconds, resulting in a total of 2700 frames. The point clouds were fused using the standard mode at 0.05mm, and no overlapping point deletion was performed, only isolated point deletion with a parameter set to 15%. The 7 point clouds were merged, and then the mesh was created at the highest quality.
The surface is perfect, without the need for any post-processing operations, as can be seen from the photos.

5 Likes

Small beeswax candle measuring 40x60x70.
Scanned in a single session with 3 scanner repositionings. Rotation speed set at 120s, point cloud merging in Advanced mode at 0.2mm, and mesh set to 5. No surface treatment applied, and no post-production intervention required.

US site: POP 3: The Handheld 3D Scanner with Color Scans - Revopoint

2 Likes

Scanning of a drill battery.
The battery, despite being almost entirely black, was scanned quickly and without the need to add any kind of product like talcum powder or paint, using the Dark Object mode. This mode works very well with dark objects, although it naturally has a reduced scanning speed. The scanning was done in a single session, repositioning the scanner 4 times. The rotation speed was set at 200s, and the point clouds were merged in Advanced mode at 0.20mm. Mesh was set to level 5. No post-production work is required."

US site: POP 3: The Handheld 3D Scanner with Color Scans - Revopoint

3 Likes

That’s a very good scan of that battery. I’ve scanned that same battery several times when I was reverse engineering it so that I could design an adaptor to Ryobi. It’s a tough item to scan with all the black.
Did you have any trouble with the red and white being overexposed when you were tuning for the black?

Candle holder.
Scanning of a golden lion head-shaped candle holder measuring 100x100x75. Scanned in a single session with 4 scanner repositionings. Rotation speed set at 100s, scanning mode set to “generic object”. Point clouds are merged in advanced mode at 0.20mm and mesh set to 5.

Global: POP 3: The Handheld 3D Scanner with Color Scans - Revopoint
US: POP 3: The Handheld 3D Scanner with Color Scans - Revopoint

1 Like

The fearsome Werewolf Owl!!! 90x65x70.
The subject was scanned in a single operation, moving the figurine 4 times. Rotation speed was set to 200 seconds, and a point cloud was fused in standard mode at 0.05mm.
No points of overlap were removed. Mesh set to 6 and texture mapping.

2 Likes

Scanning of a Falconry Hood.
This time I bring you a somewhat peculiar subject, namely a hood used in falconry, specifically a hood for a male Peregrine Falcon (Peregrinus-Peregrinus).
The scanning was done using a wire support, in a single session with 4 scanner repositionings. The rotation speed was set at 110s, resulting in a total of approximately 6700 frames. The point cloud was merged in Advanced mode with a value of 0.28mm, with no overlapping point removal, and the mesh was created at level 5. No post-production work was required as the quality of the mesh is excellent.

4 Likes

Statue representing the Madonna with the Baby Jesus 200x65x50. The scanning was performed in a single session, moving the scanner 4 times, rotation speed set to 100s.
The point cloud was fused in Advanced mode with a resolution of 0.2, and the mesh was set to 6.

1 Like

Clay statue of an owl, dimensions 90x80x90.
Scanned in a single session with 4 scanner repositions. Rotation speed of 100s and point clouds fused in Advanced mode at 0.20. No point removal for overlapping areas. Mesh level 5.8.

1 Like

Small laser-cut wooden cube with an edge length of 65mm. Scanned in a single session with 3 movements and a speed of 110s. Point cloud fused in Advanced mode at 0.22mm and mesh set to 5

2 Likes

Scanning of a life-size reproduction of a human foot 200x100x40.
Scanned in Generic Object mode in a single session.
Point cloud fused in Advanced mode at 0.21mm and Mesh level 5. No overlapping points have been removed. No post-production treatment applied.

2 Likes

Ceramic statue of an angel with a violin measuring 150x110x80.

Scanned in a single session with 6 scanner repositionings and a rotation speed of 130s, resulting in approximately 11,000 frames. I intentionally pushed the limits to test the software, which performed flawlessly. Point cloud fused in Advanced mode at 0.24mm and mesh created at level 5.
Overlapping points were not removed, only isolated points (15%).
No post-production editing was performed.

2 Likes

11’000 frames? :astonished: wondering about processing time. great looking though​:sweat_smile: thanks for sharing!

Honestly, I was curious as well, but the processing time, despite the high number of frames, was just 7 minutes! It’s worth mentioning that I used the Advanced mode, which is obviously not suitable for every case, but for this type of subject, it’s perfect. It significantly reduces processing time and produces meshes that are practically perfect right away!

1 Like

WOW 11K of frames , that are 3 full body scans - 2m each , but brave test Daniele
Good test of the capacity pf the software and the result is good , it all what matters.

Great job as usual !

2 Likes

Thank you so much, you’re too kind. Obviously, in this specific case, pushing the limit with the number of frames doesn’t make any sense, but I wanted to see if surpassing 10,000 frames would create any issues. I must say it made no difference at all. The next test I want to perform is thoroughly testing the new software on my laptop, which has an Nvidia Quadro graphics card, to ensure perfect compatibility and see if performance improves even further with a dedicated graphics card of that kind.

1 Like

Yoda plastic figurine measuring 90x90x50.
Scanned a small Yoda plastic figurine that originally had what I believe was a lightsaber-shaped bulb in its hand… I use it as a practical desktop screwdriver holder :joy: .
Once again, I wanted to push the limits with the scan, using a rotation speed of 133s and 5 scanner repositionings, resulting in a total of 9648 frames (beyond any real or logical necessity for such a piece). The point cloud was fused in Advanced mode in just over 5 minutes. Overlapping points were not removed, only isolated ones. Mesh created at level 6. Lately, as suggested, I haven’t been using automatic RGB exposure but manually setting the value to achieve more consistent and less overexposed textures.
What do you think?

2 Likes

Third hand for soldering.
Scanned the third hand I use for soldering during electronic repairs. The scanning was done in three separate sections and later fused together in RV5. The point clouds were fused in Advanced mode. The fused mesh was cleaned from ‘ghost’ points using RevoStudio5, which has the advantage of allowing me to switch back and forth between the mesh and the point cloud, applying corrections where necessary. It’s an incredible convenience!
What do you think? I like it because it reminds me of the mythical Hydra :joy:

3 Likes