PUTV - POP 3 Showcase

REVOPOINT INTRO POP3

:point_right:t2:TO ORDER POP3 FROM USA PLEASE CLICK HERE : Revopoint POP 3: Portable 3D Scanner for Vibrant Color Scans
2:TO ORDER FROM EUROPE AND THE REST OF THE WORLD PLEASE GO HERE : Revopoint POP 3: Portable 3D Scanner for Vibrant Color Scans

Hello my friends , finally here POP3 , a new upgrade for the POP’s series

You ask yourself what is the difference between POP2 and POP3 ?

POP 3 has a 20% bigger RGB camera aperture and 2 white LEDs for better color scanning, an IMU for improved frame stitching, 4 infrared LEDs for improved marker tracking, faster scanning speeds (12 to 18fps), improved connectivity, and an easier-to-use design.
Point Distance/Resolution

Up to 0.05mm

Single-frame Precision

Up to 0.05mm

Single-frame Accuracy

Up to 0.1mm

POP 3’s IMU is a 9-axis IMU with a gyroscope, accelerometer, and magnetometer that all work together to help POP 3 understands its location as you move the scanner around an object. This, in turn, helps POP 3 to provide smoother frame stitching as well as helping to eliminate any faulty frames captured caused by shaking or moving too fast.

POP 3 uses class 1 infrared structured light, dual depth cameras, and advanced algorithms to output detailed 3D models.Do you need a powerful computer to use the POP 3?

No, the POP 3’s algorithms and internal chip do most of the processing.

Minimum specs: Intel i5, 8GB RAM.

Recommended specs: Intel i7, 16GB RAM.

No discrete GPU like an Nvidia or AMD graphics card is needed to use POP 3.

What in the Box ?

And here some showcases done by me using POP3

Tested multiple merging with POP3 , I am surprised by the details , normally I get this level of details with this small 4inch skull only with MINI .

The merging was using feature mode , smooth and quick after cleaning each scan separate from overlapped points and lose points .

Point cloud of all angles , inside and out using Feature mode ( normally I need marker mode to capture the top-back of the skull , it worked great in feature mode without losing of the tracking for the first time ever )

Meshed final full skull

Meshed Bottom

Point cloud of the inside top

Point Cloud of the Inside of the bottom

RGB color per vertex

Another Showcase:

Imperial Lion , material Marble-Jade 5inches

scanned with multiple angles

Merged and Meshed

Merged and Meshed

RGB color per vertex, merged and meshed

More Tests

POP3 Advance mode Pitch Point 0.93
Scanning in Standard Mode in Color

Jackiet_POP3_color

Jacket_POP3_blue

More clothing tests
POP3 Advance mode Pitch Point 0.93
Scanning in Standard Mode in Color

Beach-dress-blue
Beach-dress-color

What would be a scanner test without my husband? :laughing:
This is just RGB color per vertex , NO TEXTURE .

willblueMovie
willcolorMovie

This is a printed Duck that I made and my son painted it .
Scanned with Standard mode, Point Cloud cells fused at 0.23mm

3D
DuckRGBMovie

DuckblueMovie

Pitch Point 0.23mm

One of my son’s Minecraft set The Fox

3DScan
maincraftblueMovie
3Dscan
maincraftRGBMovie

Fruit anybody ? :wink: The texturing with POP3 is awesome …

to be continued …

10 Likes

I was surprised that POP 3 did not lost tracking scanning this straw fedora ( less features ) object in General Mode

Render 3D RGB

Render 3D Mesh

RS5.0.8 preview mesh, fused at 0.05mm point distance and meshed at level 6

RS5.0.8 preview RGB ( color per vertex)

I think POP 3 , finally allow us to scan more assets for Games, and not limited to props only, but also clothing etc… The shadow less RGB color per vertex are a great base for an Albedo textures in PBR rendering .

7 Likes

Thank you very much for this posting. I have a question to the “skirt women dress - More clothing tests
POP3 Advance mode Pitch Point 0.93, Scanning in Standard Mode in Color” - How did you apply the texture (outside) also to the inside of the scanned object? Workflow please: Scanning the dress on the mannequin, but then… :wink: how to delete the mannequin, … please details - TIA

3 Likes

Hi @dhei it make no sense to scan the inside of the dress because it would be the same as outside anyway , I did not applied the textures manually , it was captured by POP3 automatic .

I scanned the dress on a white mannequin, then using the removing tools in RS 5.0.8 I removed the mannequin parts and meshed the dress only .

Simple workflow

3D Scan Render Color
Basketfruit2-5-8a423dbf8e

3D Scan Render Color
fruitcolor-1-1272123728

3D Scan Render Shader
fruit_blu-2-3793615ef6

So many of you asked about the Advanced Mode for fusing your Cell frames .

Advanced mode are a simplified fusing algorithms , it creates very clean point cloud ( I called it a wood fusion ) at is resample a wood pattern , this powerful yet simple algorithms cleaning the scanned objects from overlapped points and lose points , so what you ending with is a smooth, clean fused point cloud that is so good it resample a mesh , the best point cloud base for your mesh .

Many of you like to slide the values to the maximum , but the maximum values will not always provide you with the perfect results .

For example with tye fruit basket , there is nothing in that object that will require me to use pitch point fusion of lower than 0.4mm , don’t worry your volume is still the same , lower pitch point setting only smooth out the surfaces from not necessary noises and junk data that you not always really need .

So next time please evaluate your object , measure the elements and details on your real objects to make sure your settings for fusion are correct for the best results , for example are you getting to print your scanned sculpture at 0.6mm with your printer ? use 0.5mm fusion .

With POP3 the Advanced mode fusion is set to 0.2mm maximum what will deliver great smooth surfaces on objects that do have less details , vases, fruit, mugs, and any other less featured objects .

Use standard if you know what you doing , for manual cleaning and edit , for objects that have lose parts while scanning , simple example a leaves on a branch , using standard the leaves will be not removed from your scan after fusion … in Advanced mode it would since Advanced mode remove all lose points not attached to the main scan .

here is a close up of the Advance Mode fusion at 0.4mm , you can see the ( wood like structure of the points )

and here zoomed out ( Only RGB color per vertex point cloud - no meshed, no textures , no edited, no cleaned , Advanced mode produce simple and clean point clouds , it is simple to use still very much advanced algorithms and one of my favorite since long time .

with point cloud like that you can archive a perfection , no grainy issues , beautiful RGB without reflections than also can be converted to color textures after merging multiple objects together .
The size of the point cloud is only half millions points in place of 5 millions points of junk . Ideal scan for produce 3D assets for rendering , games and web presentation .

And one more tip for today , if you use Advanced mode for fusing your frame cells , please always use the highest meshing option level 6, to keep the volume intact .
MESHED RGB color per vertex, no textures

MESHED , no edit, no smoothing , original scan Advanced mode

Handheld Scanning without Stabilizer

Textured in RS5

Of course for PBR rendering and game assets you want the Albedo version textures and not actual Textures , but after rendering the Textures , your mesh will have ready to use UVs , if you export both , mesh with RGB and Mesh with textures, you can easy copy the RGB color per vertex Albedo to the mesh with UVs using other programs like Zbrush or Meshlab

Albedo Textures for PBR rendering and game assets ( textures without shadows and reflections build into textures ) and regular textures with build in shadows and reflections .

Please remember you have 3 days left for a POP 3 pre-orders and 10% off of your purchase
2023-06-16T04:00:00Z2023-06-19T04:00:00Z

TO ORDER POP3 FROM USA PLEASE CLICK HERE : POP 3: The Handheld 3D Scanner with Color Scans - Revopoint
2:TO ORDER FROM EUROPE AND THE REST OF THE WORLD PLEASE GO HERE : POP 3: The Handheld 3D Scanner with Color Scans - Revopoint

8 Likes

Garden Stone Statue of a Baby Buddha size 28 cm around 11 inches
Advanced mode fused at 0.30mm , captured 1989 Frames
I cant get over how good the RGB are, it is almost like having polarizing filter with zero reflections , I just skipping creating actually textures , as I have enough RGB data to convert it to color textures manually .

3D Scan RGB Color rendered
BuddhaRGBPOP3

3D Scan Mesh rendered
BuddhaBluePOP3

4 Likes

Trout Fish 11inches /27.94cm fused with Advanced mode at 0.20mm , Meshed at level 6

3D Scan RGB color render
FishRGBPOP3464efe8395

3D Scan Mesh render
FishblueOP3464efe8395

5 Likes

Dewalt Advanced mode at 0.20mm Meshing level 6, RGB color per vertex
Scanned all in one session without merging : 2380 Frames, turntable and handheld scanning
Object slightly airbrushed with Abbtline 3D Spray to be able to scan the black silicone parts

3D Scan RGB Rendering
dewaltRGB19bbd30491

3D Scan Mesh Rendering
dewaltBlue19bbd30491

6 Likes

So i presume it was scanned as is presented and had no bottom, is this correct?

Feature mode and turntable?

Awsome results as always!

What software are you using for model turntable presentation

1 Like

I was too lazy to remove the battery and scan the bottom of it to merge , but it can be done any moment later if needed .

Yes but I hold POP 3 in my hand while scanning to get the top angle and the bottom angle .
So one angle down , then one angle up

I use Zbrush , I have to change the pivot and orientation before I can capture the rotation of the model , then export it as mpg and convert the movie to gif in Photoshop .
I did not used textures just RGB as it is much nicer without all the reflections .

Thanks ! @X3msnake glad you like it
It was little challenge for me since I could never capture it proper with POP 2 for some reason before … so I tried POP 3 to see if anything easier can be done without merging and it worked this time .

I plan to do something unique and an experiment this weekend with POP 3 and marker mode … will post when I am done

2 Likes

Tested today the :Face: mode meaning the greatest distance that the POP 3 is working at .

Fused with Advanced mode at 0.53mm , and no it did not affected the details , the details was still better than Range at its original 0.30mm or even 0.10mm so big prop for POP 3

I did not lost tracking for a second despite the fact that there are zero features in the face , 99% of issues while scanning human face is not the tracking , it is the movement of the human head that actually never stand still , so even slightly movement of the face will affect the tracking , for the same reason when you take CAT scan your head is immobilized for the same reason .

I did not bother with textures just RGB as it was enough for my purpose .

Handheld scanning , mannequin on turntable 30 sec per 360 rotation
I always prefer to scan with RGB Exposure much darker as it later is better for RGB rendering .
However for bigger scans like Face-Torso I recommend custom light setting and not relay on the white build in LED in POP3 , as it may be not efficient lighting and the face will be much brighter than the rest of the torso as you can see in the preview, however it will not affect the scan itself just the RGB color data or Textures .

Real Picture of the Object

3D Scan render RGB
ManeqRGB180c8759f7

3D Scan Render Meshed
ManeqBlue180c8759f7

Tomorrow is the last day with 10% off of your POP 3 purchase
just a reminder …

TO ORDER POP3 FROM USA PLEASE CLICK HERE : POP 3: The Handheld 3D Scanner with Color Scans - Revopoint
TO ORDER FROM EUROPE AND THE REST OF THE WORLD PLEASE GO HERE : POP 3: The Handheld 3D Scanner with Color Scans - Revopoint

4 Likes

If you think that Advanced mode higher settings will affect dramatically your scan details then I will tell you it will not but you will have more to clean using lower settings , here is Advanced mode at 0.20mm and Advanced mode at 0.53mm the details are still the same , the difference only in processing time and amouth time of cleaning , not to mention that scanning with POP 3 at 0.05mm accuracy a big object than human torso will request 32GB of RAM on your system , right now Advanced Mode at 0.20mm consumed 12GB + of RAM while processing .

Advanced Mode fusing difference at 0.20mm vs 0.53mm

I tried to fuse it at 0.05mm using Standard mode but after it reached over 16GB of Ram while processing and 44% of my GPU the software crashed 2 times , my system have 64GB of RAM and 12GB VRAM , so no idea why …

anyway the point is , **don’t be afraid of using Advanced mode for fusing even at recommended by the software automatic settings **

5 Likes

Just to see if that was possible , as always we need a second plane props for our 3D scenes don’t we ?

I just wish I scanned it all at once and not merged to keep the colors better
3D Scan RGB

3D Scan Mesh

Mesh

RGB

Merge

7 Likes

Scanned a little China Doll gift that I got from my best friend size: 180mm
Fused, Advance Mode at 0.20mm , Meshed at level 6
Full scan top and bottom at once in one session

3D Scan Render Mesh
China_Doll_Blue_b4586ecc09