Scanning on iPhone

Keep in mind that, for Android phones, Data Saver (or whatever it’s called on any phone) must be turned off. Data Saver is for people with limited data in their service plans.

After setting POP to same credentials as my home wifi, POP successfully connects on third attempt each time the app is launched, appears to function properly. Of course, being tethered to my home wifi pretty much negates the entire point of a mobile setup in the first place, so this is not an acceptable workaround.

Of course, you can change the name of your phone’s Hotspot to match your home router when you are away and have the whole mobile setup back again when you turn it on.

No, I tried that first, it didn’t work. Something’s preventing the app from communicating through a mobile hotspot connection in the same way that it does through a normal WiFi connection, as also made clear by the failure to create a local network entry in the privacy settings. It’s as if the iPhone will bridge hotspot connections to the carrier, but won’t allow connections to be seen by the app.

basically your software(s) is a total mess, sometimes it works and I am able to get the scanner working on my IPhone, few hours or days later the scanner cannot be detected by the phone. instructions on how to do are incomplete (I had to read proper procedure on the forum and altought the forum is exhaustive it is also not complete).