Scanning a Negative

Hello everbody,

I would like to share my experience with scanning a negative with you. Specifically, I attempted to scan my cycling shoe using the Revopoint Mini, but because the shoe is black, I had some difficulty. I tried using scanning spray, but the results were not satisfactory. The scanner struggled to capture the shoe’s contours accurately, resulting in blurry areas and lost details.

After some experimentation, I decided to take a different approach. I used white modeling clay to make a mold of my shoe. The benefit of this method was that the modeling clay captured the contours of my shoe very precisely, allowing for a more accurate scan.

Once I had made the mold, I carefully scanned it with the Revopoint Mini. The result was excellent – the scanner was able to capture all of the details of the mold, and I had a precise digital copy of my cycling shoe.

In conclusion, scanning black objects can be challenging, but using a mold of the object can help produce more accurate results. In my case, the white modeling clay worked perfectly, and I’m very pleased with the outcome.

I hope my experience can be helpful to others attempting to scan negatives, and I would be interested in hearing about other people’s experiences as well.

And Some Cleaning with MeshMixer

YouTube

5 Likes