Revoscan crashes during scan!

There’s one user with the same crashing on FB, he reinstalled the WIN 11 and pause all update. This resolves his issue.

1 Like

I have my Revo Scan saving directory on a portable USB3 HDD , win11 with all last updates and no crashes , not even once .

Another user posted that he had a very large update to Windows 11 and, after that, everything worked perfectly.

Not in my experience.

Two suggestions, then:

1. Force an update to Windows.
  2. Uninstall Revo Scan and re-install in Administrator mode.
    2a. If those fail, try running Revo Scan in Administrator mode.

My desktop is already on the latest update. Next to this would be beta version of Windows.
Tried install and reinstall in with Admin, Start the program with Admin, Turn off Windows Defender, Exclude Revoscan folder from antivirus, turn off core isolation. None of that work for me.

Additional to this. My Desktop Win 11 is version 22H2 Build 22621.755 which is the latest release on 25th OCT. My other laptop also has the very same OS Build but it can scan without any crash.
Because my desktop has never had issue with scanning 2 weeks before, so I think that it might be the GPU driver.

Hi,
I tried to uninstall Revo scan, reinstall it with administrator privileges, and load it with administrator privileges but same result, it crash after few seconds.
I look at memory or CPU usage but nothing is overloaded.

Files are written on a SSD (on 3 differents places to be sure), also try on HDD, and a NAS storage, but same result.

EDIT : I see a debug file into the RevoScan folder.
There is near 100 lines of
[1104/170722.440:WARNING:resource_bundle_qt.cpp(115)] locale_file_path.empty() for locale
Thanks

If that was win11 update issue , you would be not able to run in on your lower specifications laptop or me on my win11 tablet PC or many other win11 users that do not have this issue .

If you have multiple graphic cards in your system you can just right click on Revo Scan icon and see if it is running on the right one and if not you can easy switch it at the same moment .

What difference the other computers has in common that do not experience any issues are the graphic cards and their drivers .

Are you using Nvidia GPU?

Yes a RTX3060 with last drivers V526.47 (10/27/2022)
My previous computer with a GTX970 on win10 was working well

Mine is also 526.47, RTX 4090. The other guy on FB who has crashing problem also running this version as well.

To check if it is the last NVIDIA driver doing it , you can roll it back to check out if the issue persist.
At least you know more .
I see a lot of users with RTX experience that issues .

After changing from NVIDIA Geforce driver 526.47 to NVIDIA Studio Driver 522.30 the crashing problem is gone. I’ve tried scanning upto 700 frames, no issue so far.

For Nvidia user go to Gefore Experience → Drivers Tab → Click on 3 dots “Check For Update” and select Studio Driver.

The Studio Driver might not have the latest games bug fix but they test it with most productivity apps.

1 Like

As I suspected , there was nothing else that could affect the capture frames on so good machines.

I did not updated NViDIA drivers for quite awhile, it always messing up my 3D programs one way or another .

Thanks @payo36 for testing my suggestion out on your PC.

The users will really appreciate it .

I will let the team know about it tonight, they may find a way to avoid it in the future .

Thanks. That’s working.
It update my graphic card drivers into the studio drivers.
No more problem.

Great idea to try this. Working perfectly now.

I will be building a new computer shortly with the AMD 7950x CPU and using it basic, built-in graphics capability until the RTX 4080 is available in the version I want (and preferably for a lower price once the AMD RX 7900 variants are available).

I am mildly concerned that I will have problems both with the CPU’s graphics output and NVidia’s RTX cards

Not really Jeff , just run the Revo Scan later on the proper graphic card of your choice by right clicking the Revo Scan icon and choice the right graphic card , and mostly it all depends where you connect your monitor too , if RTX then no problem if you want run on integrated graphic card and use RTX only for a special task you can always assign the software to do that .

The graphic card driver may be the issue if Revo Team do not adjust proper Revo Scan on time as we just experienced lately , but you can still run it on your integrated graphic card so always an second option if any problem accrues .
Revo Scan uses so minimal resource of the graphic card so it really don’t need high end graphic card as long the card support OpenGL 4.0 .