Revopoint MINI Beta first scans

Scan of my ALZRC N-Fury T7 canopy with the MINI in marker mode. canopy is 600mm long marker mode worked very well for this, I did try in feature mode but had problems with the tracking sometimes because of the shape of the canopy

used AESUB Green scanning spray on black areas

3 Likes

Motorbike rear light lens scanned with the MINI, inside surface scanned in feature mode, outside done with marker mode

preview

4 Likes

Good job Johnathan on this not so simple object for 3d scanning , I see you used also 3D spray … :wink:

objects with different textures from inside and outside are pain … but I see you succeeded .

Yes it is completely invisible to the scanner without the AESUB green,

was a tricky part to scan but after a couple of tests I found a way to get everything scanned, i may have to do the outside again to be able to join the two half’s together correctly as i didn’t get the edge on the outside scan with the markers and it does not perfectly align

2 Likes

Yes this kind of scanning is tricky , I have that with the skull inside and outside part when I forgot to scan the edges outside , it was hard to merge so I had to add another angle scan .

Now what I do, I paint markers ( simple cross or dot) with a pen marker / red/blue and scan in RGB , so later when you merge you have the marker points visible for merging points if there are no other features closer to the edges … and is more accurate since point cloud RGB is precisely aligned with the mesh angles . Even after meshing can be still used … just not after texturing as textures do not align exact what is a bug.

2 Likes