Reverse Engineering and Modification of a Drill Battery whit POP 3 - By Ispanico

Reverse Engineering and Modification of a Drill Battery.
This is the second part of the previous post on the reverse engineering of a drill battery. You can find the first part here:

Today, I would like to show you how simple it is, starting from a perfect 3D scan performed with the Revopoint POP 3 3D Scanner and a subsequent reverse engineering process, to create customized accessories that can simplify everyday life.
In this case, I created a small parts holder for screws or small objects, to be housed inside the drill case, which lacks specific compartments but has slots for spare batteries. Starting from the 3D model, it was easily modified, transforming it from a battery shell into a simple screw container.
This is a very simple example, but it perfectly demonstrates how, with the right equipment, such as Revopoint scanners, it is easy to create an accessory or tool that perfectly suits our needs. In my work and daily life, I have come to the conclusion that often the “perfect tool” for a specific task doesn’t exist, and in those cases, it’s much simpler to create it rather than spending time and energy searching for or adapting one.
There’s an Italian saying that goes “Di necessità…virtù” which could be translated as “Necessity is the mother of invention”…
I hope this practical example can be of interest to you.

4 Likes