Reducing mesh triangles for only a portion of a scan

I’m not aware of a way to do this in Revoscan, so forgive me if it’s there and I simply overlooked it. I would like to make a suggestion in which it’s possible to have different portions of a scan be set at different quality values. Now that I’ve had some time using the Range scanner I’ve discovered the large scans I’m doing have A LOT of triangles in the mesh. There are some smaller detailed areas of the scans where I want as much quality and detail as possible, but then there are larger more flat low detail portions where I don’t need a million triangles. I would like the ability in Revoscan to select areas of the point cloud and reduce the number of points then leave the high detailed areas alone.

Currently I’m able to use Fusion 360 to do this, but I would like to see it implemented in Revoscan.

Hi @TechnickSlide that would be a Simplify by selecting feature , however if you simplify a point cloud you going to lose the volume and accuracy .

Did you tried the Simplifer in Revo Scan 5.1.0 ? It do amazing job by Remeshing the meshes from 5 millions to 50K while keeping the details nicely intact.
Usually between 250-60 K provide great results .