Range 3d Scanner - Furniture Scan

Got my Beta Range 3d scanner.
I must say it is great. Very fast scanning of large items.
I was able to quickly scan this two person couch in a little over 2 minutes.
The couch is also black fabric, but it picks up nicely, all the little folds, zip openings and indention.

This would be great for video game assets.

Photos below

9 Likes

Well done Jermaul !
looking great !

2 Likes

Great result! :clap:Only about 2 minutes? Revopoint should allow you to share the video of you scanning this same piece and post it as a part of their campaign. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can it scan a house? That would be something!!! Scan and 3dprint a model of your house. Couch looks really nice and it set my brain into motion on big things to scan :slight_smile:

You can scan the whole room but you would need to change the pitch point to large number as the mesh size would be enormous.
I think there are no limitations of the size as long there is something to keep tracking and not an empty wall.
I scanned 8ft wall with fireplace .

3 Likes

I would soo much like to see that wall scan :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I will post it Ivan very soon … we have 2 months , you gonna see lots of things in early users showcases :wink:

3 Likes

I guess one can feel my anticipation and impatience, right? :wink::grin: Looking forward to and thx in advance!

1 Like

Yes it was very fast abd easy to scan.
The large FOV makes it very easy.

3 Likes

what about precision, does it stand up to the anounced values?

It is impossible to have an accurate device without proper precision , they both are responsible for the proper masuments , @Johnathan actually measured his scans and the results was very pleasant .
However the precision can be very consistent however it not always means it is also accurate .

Don’t forget that this is just first Beta prototype , the full specifications may change in any direction , for example the original accuracy suppose to be much lower than my masuments what was actually much higher , but the same was with MINI , original beta prototype accuracy was only 0.05mm but changed to 0.02mm including the resolution from 0.1mm to 0.02mm

So still work in progress and the final specifications are not written yet in a stone

3 Likes