Question about what's in the box for the range

Hey,

I’m wondering how many tracking dots you get with the range?
When I got the pop 2 there were very few but I understand large scans were not the main focus of the pop2.

It would be nice to get either more tracking dots or even build these in as a stretch goal for the rang eon Kickstarter

Hi @Cosantoir ,

There’re 100 tracking dots in the RANGE box.

As for your suggestion about setting it as a stretch goal so that users can get more tracking dots, we will discuss and consider it seriously.

Thank you for your support.

Best Regards
Cassie

1 Like

Awesome thanks Cassie for your response.

I’d defense be interested in 2, 5 or maybe even 10,000 depending on the cost as it’s the postage on these little guys that always puts me off buying them.

And probably something that will help users and maybe avoidil some of the it’s too hard so it must be bad feedback the other scanners recieved.

Have a great weekend.

1 Like

You too. Have a great weekend.

Range don’t need as many markers as POP2, it need less each every 8 cm , so you not going to use a lot , most objects will not need anymore markets either due to being free FOV . Unless you going to scan a car or boot , I don’t think you will need them as much .

That’s the magic of Range … there will be no more " too hard " feedback unless it is used not the way it should .
It can even scan a black plastic so very powerful .

2 Likes

Excited!!
I was devastated to have bought the pop 2 over Christmas just to find out that the range was coming I couldn’t justify spending another 700+ bit then with the KS price I couldn’t say no. Although my first two big projects are a boot and a rear window haha

1 Like

Or also an option to buy some as add on to the pledge and have it sent with the rest and save for shipping cost would be GREAT!

another question: the new tracking markers are more reflective. What about the Pop2 markers? Can they still be used? What is the difference tracking wise between new and old markers? Is tracking significantly better with new markers?

You can use any markers you want , reflective markers are more expensive , but they reflect well on any angle compared to paper markers.
Tracking is always better with more reflective markers.

1 Like

Hi @Cosantoir ,

Sorry, my mistake. After double-confirmed with team, there’re 100 tracking dots in the RANGE box.

Best Regards
Cassie

I just seen the Kickstarter update.
Just want to say the extra tracking dots for free was unexpected and are much appreciated!!

2 Likes