Pop 2 not connecting to Mac with WPA2-PSK

My Pop 2 is not connecting to the Wi-fi on Mac with WPA2-PSK and pass: Revopoint3d. My router support only WPA1-PSK and WPA2-PSK,. Can you please tell me how to connect POP2 via wifi? Thanks

Hi Cassie, that it is exactly what I have done, I have connected the Pop2 into an AC adapter but the password Revopoint3d is not recognised. Any advice how to fix it? Thanks.

The best way to be absolutely sure is to borrow a PC or laptop with Windows 8 or later and USB 3 or later; install Revo Scan on it (find it here: https://www.revopoint3d.com/download/pop-2/ and connect the POP 2 directly to the computer’s USB port and verify the POP 2’s WiFi mode (Client or Host) and password.

As long as you’re there, you can set up the POP 2 for Client mode, then enter the name & password for your home router. Once the POP 2 is connected to a separate power supply, it will connect to Revo Scan on your Mac via the router. This has the added advantage that you don’t have to switch to one WiFi router and back on your Mac.

A post was merged into an existing topic: [Windows & Mac Version] Revo Studio - Beta Version V3.0.5.16 - Updated on April 24

I will move your request to the proper thread, but if Revo Scan does not work on your 32-bit computer, then it is exceedingly unlikely that Revo Studio will work.

My High Sierra is 64 bit(it also supports 32bit). Again: will you guys support high Sierra or should I ask for a full refund?

Only Revopoint can answer your question , so wait for a reply from the staff .