New RevoScan 5.0

Well Ivan , everything is new … new design , Revo Studio mixed together with Revo Scan providing full functionally and editing while scanning .

The new TAB are Scanning, Editing , Align
You can scan partial objects one by one , edit them and prepare for Align without import export saving , each project is saved automatic in a session and can be merged with each other .

The Meshing function improved very much providing lots of details .
The tracking function improved as well.

You can now see the speed of the frames being captured , and also Temperature of your scanner .

The preview show up only if you want it , you can now set up your scanning preferences direct in the software without pop up windows

Editing is now much faster , so not need to wait forever for selecting points .

What really changed is that there is not automatic process anymore .
After you fuse your scan ,you need to clean it by removing overlapped points and removing eventual lose points .

Some people may find it an extra job , but that is a very good workflow , as you control the situation fully , so the merged objects always have the same level and not produced by random algorithms.

Well everything is new since most of the codes are rewritten.

Regarding scan examples they looks as good as my last examples on live stream , maximum quality 1:1 so the meshing compared to RS 4.3.1 is almost 4 times better in details especially when scanning big objects with Range , it uses the point cloud optimal compared to just 10% in current official version .

Overall it is looking more professional, easy to the eyes and clear for the workflow .

I prepare different scanning situations videos for the live stream on upcoming Saturday , so you can see it fully in action . All question going to be answered in real time .

Forgot to mention Android app , I was able to scan quick my whole sofa with just a 6GB RAM on my phone .

The best part is , you don’t have to fuse it on your phone anymore , just scan and import automatic everything to your PC , all you need is to be connected on the same internal network and with one push your desired project from your phone moving to RS5 list … for fusing , editing

This means phone will save now the full project , allows you to scan bigger stuff , very much improved app and tracking as well .

6 Likes