MIRACO PLUS in the Marine Industry

Hi All,
I had a great day today introducing the MIRACO PLUS 3D scanner to the RDM group, Gold Coast Australia as part of my TAFE Training series.
" RDM Group provides custom manufacturing and supplier services across the Mining, Machinery, Marine, Transport and Fabrication sectors"
They are looking at purchasing their own 3D scanners and asked for a practical demonstration of how to go from 3D scans to 3D models for CNC.
We used the MIRACO PLUS to scan in “Feature” mode, “Marker” mode as well as “Photogrammetry” mode with great results.
I showed them how to view/model the scans in Rhino 3D, they informed me that they generally use SolidWorks software, so I showed them how to integrate Quicksurface and the Solidworks plugin " QUICKSURFACE for SOLIDWORKS" (known as Mesh2Surface) into their existing workflow. I use the same plugin for Rhino 3D in my daily work.

6 Likes

Hi Mike,

Scanning looks very good! Can you share some screenshots of the scanned model?

1 Like

I will add some more details later today :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some screen grabs from the project.
I havent applied any pointcloud or mesh smoothing.
The photogrammetry takes a little while to set up, but I am very happy with the result.
The upside down “U” in the middle is the Cummins Diesel Logo, it was chrome plated so didnt scan well. I could have put white spray on it, but it isnt an area of interest to the client.

10 Likes

Woohoo Scan2model, You are impressived me again. Thank you for your wonderful work. :heart_eyes: