Leave your feedback & suggestions on the Revo Scan 5

Hi,

I have 2 requests for Revo Scan 5:

1:
Possibility to manually select and remove points in the RAW model, same as in Fused and Meshed.
I think that it would help the fusion process if noise and unlogical points is removed before fusion.

2:
Measurement tool(s), firstly a simple point to point distance tool that can be used on RAW, Fused and Meshed models, it would help the user to keep track of the dimensions thru the process and understand where and why deviations appear.
Of course, measuring radius and diameters with 3 points would also be useful.

I know measurements can be done in other programs but it takes time to transfer data to other systems, it is better to have it accessible as close to the source as possible.

Thanks
Thomas

1 Like

Hello @Tomme,

Thank you for your valuable comments.

Regarding point cloud editing, our algorithm currently has some requirements that need to be met, and we are working to overcome these issues.

As for the measurement tool, we will give it serious consideration and evaluate the feasibility and details of the project with our team.

Thank you again for your suggestions. Improving our products and software to provide a better experience for our users is always our goal.

Hello @Xile6,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

This is a Toast notification that disappears automatically after a few seconds. If we move it to the bottom, users may not notice it, so placing it in the center of the screen makes it more noticeable and achieves the desired reminder effect.

We regret any temporary inconvenience caused by this notification method and appreciate your support and understanding of our product.

Hi,
I just received my pop3 scanner (I started with the 1st pop scanner on Kickstarter) and used the new V5 software. Please check your multi monitor support!!! I am running the software on a laptop in a dock with 2 monitors attached, so in total 3 monitors while in dock. I cannot move the scanning window to one of the external monitors. The window size is than totaly “confused” than and I cannot reziese the window manualy. It only works when I use the laptop monitor for the scanning window.

The external and the internal monitors have different reolution, the internal monitor has a higher resolution than the external monitors. But the external minotrs are quite larger and therefore easier to work with while the laptop is docked.

Best regards,

1 Like

Hello @dingolino

Thank you for providing valuable feedback regarding our software’s support for multiple monitor screen adaptation. We have taken note of this issue, and our development team is actively working on developing a solution. Once the update is ready, we will notify you promptly.

If you have any other questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to assist you.

Thank you for all the suggestions and feedback. Although we haven’t responded to each one individually, we have recorded and followed up on every piece of feedback.

Revo Scan has been updated to version 5.1.0, which you are welcome to download and use at: Best 3D Scanning Software - Revo Scan 5

We have addressed or improved upon the various software bugs and shortcomings that were brought up by users in the latest version of our software, and most of the unresolved issues have been included in our future plans. We will continue to push our product and development teams to address these issues and strive to constantly update our products and software to provide users with a better experience.

If you encounter any problems or difficulties while using our software, please feel free to leave a message in this section, and we will continue to monitor and resolve any issues you may have.

Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your response, just to let you know: Version 5.1 does not solve the problem with more than 1 monitor attached to a laptop. The window handling is still “off”, the window on the external monitor is much to large and I cannot use the program. What I should mention is that my monitors have different resolution. The internal monitor has a higher resolution than the external ones:

Internal: 3840 x 2400 - win 11 scaling is 225%, it is 16" screen

Both external monitors: 2560x1440 - win 11 scaling is 125%, 26 or 27" screen

While docked the laptop screen has the same distance than the external monitor, but because of the smaller 16" screen I am working normaly only with the external ones and use the internal monitor only for “overview” work, not for detailed work like with the scanning software or CAD software.

Please have an eye on this problem.

Best regards,

dingolino

Hello @dingolino

Thank you for sharing this issue with us. We greatly value your feedback.

We have taken note of this problem and will consider addressing it in future plans. We will do our best to improve our program to better support multi-display setups with different resolutions.

Thank you for your patience and support.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with RS5 installation on Win 11

Hi,

Good news with Revoscan 5.1. The maximize button when having 2 monitors still acting weird, but now -finally- it is possible to readjust manually the size of the windows, so you can finally use the second screen in full. Still a bit buggy though, but yet another step in the right direction!

Not in my configuration.
I cannot move the window from my internal laptop monitor to one external monitor and rezize it there. I guess it is because the resolution of the internal monitor is much larger than the external monitor.

I hope in 5.2 it is improved further

Have you tried with the bottom-right corner? Just verified that ONLY can be resized on that corner

I cannot reach the bottom right corner. When I am trying to move the window from internal to external monitor, a part of the window - including the bottom right corner will be still on the internal monitor and this is causing the total confusion of the windows handling. The window is on more than 1 monitor and I am not able to move the window completly to a external monitor.

Sometimes when your windows are getting messed up, a trick is to maximize the window, but here on RevoScan it is making the situation even worse.

Best regards,

dingolino

Hi @dingolino
Can you provide us with information about your computer model and monitor size? This will help us to better see what the problem is, thank you.

1 Like

Please find enclosed the system info.

It is a lenovo laptop with win 11

the laptop monitor is the one with the highest resolution.

The scale factor is 225% for the internal monitor for the external it is 125%

Best regards,

dingolino

========================== My Computer ==========================

Operating System : Windows 11 Pro: NT10.0 Build 22621.1928 Version 22H2 SP0 type=1 suite=100 x64
Up Time : 6 minutes 29 seconds
Computer Name :
Admin Privileges : no
User Account Control : yes

UsbTreeView Version : 3.8.6.4 (x64)

ANSI Codepage : 1252
UxThemeActive : 1
DwmCompositionActive : 1
DPI awareness (ini) : 4
DPI aware (API) : 1
DPI me : 120 (125%)
DPI system : 216 (225%)
Monitor[0] : 0, 0, 3840, 2400 216 DPI
Monitor[1] : 3840, 796, 2560, 1440 120 DPI
Monitor[2] : -2560, 710, 2560, 1440 120 DPI
All same DPI : 0
TV icon size : 20 x 20
TV indent : 23
TV indent default : 23
StdoutHandle : 0x00000000
Stdout FileType : 0

We absolutely need a Linux version. Linux has all 3D Printing tools working on it, along with 3D modelling, point clouds software (CloudCompare, Meshlab, Openflipper, Paraview and more!).

We have many developers here. I’m ArchLinux contributor. I daily-drive Garuda Linux. And I know how to make and fix things!

We can compile the software ourselves, figure out possible problems with porting. Or even help porting, fix libraries issues, and more!

REVOPOINT, please provide source code to your software like all of the good companies do! Or at least provide passwords to all your product’s SSH (I’m using RANGE scanner) along with openAPI so people could implement their own software.

2 Likes

I would like Portrait mode to be added for viewport operation in addition to the current Landscape mode. It would provide significant advantages when scanning relatively tall objects (say, standing people) instead of relatively wide objects (say, most auto parts). Ideally, it would be determined automatically when the scan is started, according to the scanner’s orientation.

Also, allow Merge to work with Manual mode when one object is smaller than 15% of the other object. An example of this would be scanning a person in lower resolution using the Range, then scanning the person’s face using the POP 3 at a higher resolution.

Revo Scan version: RevoScan_V5.2.0
System : Windows11
Scanner: POP2
My feedback and suggestion:

1. Prompt when deleting the scanned model to avoid misoperation.
  2. Automatic editing support customize modification and multi select.
  3. Direct export all scanned model stl files.
  4. For objects with inconspicuous geometric features, a relatively reliable solution without marking points is provided.

there is a cross platform SDK and alongside a hardware unlocker available.

I do not see a way in 5 to fill in an open area up to a sharp edge that does not exist. I realize I can export this to another software, but it would be nice to be able to use a line between two vertexes and then fill the hole defined between the existing edges on one side of the line and the line.

1 Like