How to body scan

Hi , you don’t need any light since POP2 uses Infrared , so you can scan in complete darkness . I am not scanning textures when scanning full body , so you will need to have your model in a brighter ambient lighting conditions without any shadows. I don’t have also any background as that also is not needed as long the background is enough far away , it will not interfere

Stay away from the windows , and sun light .
I recommend you to read some materials in the forum before you jump into big scans, understanding how your need tool is working is important to your successful scanning .

Under Depth cam preview you have indicator , blue is too dark, red is too bright , set up the slider to a level where the object is as much as possible lighter shade of gray without too much blue and definitely avoid red .

The best method will be placing your model on turntable , and not scanning it using your phone if you want a good quality . Starting scanning from the head and moving down each 360 degrees after finishing each rotation . Keep the distance steady , once you are done by the feet , change the angle of your POP2 and move back upwards to capture details you missed with the first round .
And that is , not rocket science but request some patience and practice and a steady model that don’t moving while scanning as that can ruining everything .

Check the forums well, there is lots of info that will helps you on the path .

1 Like