I have only recently began my 3D scanning adventure but these are some of pieces of software I have experimented with.
Even before I received my POP 2 I was quite a avid fusion 360 user. Fusion does have a mesh workspace.
And because I have use fusion 360 before I also Have used autodesk meshmixer.
Since being on this forum I have been learned about
Cloud compare which work well for stitching together larger scan
Blender which I’ve Downloaded but not used much.
for Remeshing and lo polygon experiments I been using instant mesh
I have try colouring objects in window 3D paint
windows also has a program call 3D builder
Here is also a list of software I could try and/or want to try.
Autodesk 3dS Max
This one I seem like a less expensive offering from autodesk Mudbox
There is a lot of software that deals with 3D objects.
- RevoStudio for point-cloud merging and meshing (Mac)
- MeshMixer for basic smoothing and clean-up tasks (Mac)
- Blender for sculpting, retopology, or major tweaks (Windows)
- Fusion 360 for CAD or combining meshes with CAD solids (Mac + Windows)
Zbrush is my primary software for modeling and design, since I am organic 3D modeler and designer , using it for 24 years, and basically don’t need anything else for my professional modeling job .
for final POP2 scans processing I use
- Pixologic Zbrush - remeshing, editing, UVs, Textures
- Adobe software : Substance Painter , Photoshop - Texturing, Materials
- Cloud Compare - merging, alignment, cleaning
- Revo Studio - merging , alignment , cleaning ( simple scans )
Simple is beautiful !