Cant back the Range on Kickstarter

Fyi the people working in RevoPoint3D are helpful. As a backer for both POP2 and Mini, I believe they will do something for backers with issues. Not asking them to pay for KS technical bug but I trust they are coming up with something soon. Infact Revopoint3d had wanted us to come to this forum.

There’s a super early bird range showing available on KS at the time of this.

300 samples was sold in the first hour 3 days ago.
There are not Super Early Bird available .
The Early bird was sold today out .

I had the same problem, I couldnt get Super Early Bird from the very start of the campaign.
I was backer of POP2 and MINI and I had never experienced something like this on Kickstarter before.

1 Like

Yup. Same here. had no issue with the Mini, but couldn’t get a super early bird, though I connected very early.

There was only 300 super early bird rewards and 3000 people that wanted it , so it is clear that most of them never go through.

The chance to get Early Super bird reward was almost impossible with this amount of people , errors or not with this traffic the chances are very low .

Imagine a local store offers 300 phones and 3000 people waiting outside the store to get it … same thing

Also don’t forget that the Early super bird made Revopoint lose over $120.000 of potential future sales . Not to mention the Early Bird rewards +$300.000 . That is lots of money to be given away for free .

1 Like

Maybe they should limit the number per person like some did with gpu sales during the crazy crypto days.

On the other hand, it provided lots of cash for a production run that doesn’t have to be financed with short-term (and high-interest) loans.

That’s the point of Kickstarter after all .
All the devices are expensive to produce since it is locally made and not from a mass production .
Almost half milion dollar give away is not nothing .
It would be great for a reselling company, but that’s not what Revopoint is , bigger budged will allow them to produce greater stuff in the future .

The rewards prices was great and unexpected for that kind of device , and I am guessing it going to be for now the most popular and versatile to date .

1 Like

Reading the comments on KS that there’s no calibration board with the Range as standard. Isn’t this an essential part needed to ensure the scanner is working to its optimum? Seems like penny pinching if so.

Gena already explained on KS regarding the board .
It will be available later in the store .
They would have to change the whole package to fit that inside , waste of packing material .

I have my Range for months now and working perfectly without calibration , it is solid made, with new sensors , not easy to recalibrate like MINi or POP2

It will be available once they have the calibration software ready for it .