Android USB Splitter

Hi, I purchased the POP to use with my Samsung S10 phone but it seems like it is not possible without having external power, also the Wifi mode does not work. Has anyone found a USB Y cable / splitter cable that works with a samsung and POP?

Thanks.

For my S10+ I hook the POP to an external battery and use the wifi mode (really hotspot mode). Check the book for how to set up the hotspot and it should connect wirelessly as long as you have the external power source. Most of the Samsung phones do not allow enough power to be sent out through he USB to power the POP and that is why you need the external power source.

1 Like

This should work. https://www.ebay.com/itm/391244380605

Additionally, you will probably need adapters to mate to your power source and phone. Try these: https://www.ebay.com/itm/265124076481.

Be sure to verify the Male/Female ends of each cable, adapter and device.

Jeff

1 Like

Thanks, I was actually looking at that same cable with a usb C adapter, but I’ve found a usb C hub with external power input that should work too.

Wireless mode simply will not work with my S10+ (1tb version) I have followed the guides, nothing works. It is connected to my phones hot spot, wifi is off etc, Handy scan just can’t find it.
I have used the POP in usb mode and wifi mode on other devices, there must still be a glitch in the andoid app preventing it from being found.

Whenever I see the 3 point “Please confirm” popup, I disconnect my POP from its power supply, wait a few seconds and re-connect. I then get another popup to allow the POP to connect.

Jeff

1 Like

Thanks mate, I seen your comments on another post and tried that a fair few times, no luck

By turning of cellular data aswell as WIFI i got it to connect and I get an image in the lower left windows. But the start button is grayed out so i cannot scan.

/Lars

If you are using the Windows app, you have to click on the Project icon (the top one in the vertical lineup at the right side of the screen). It will bring up the settings popup menu. Select and click to confirm. After that, the Start button should be good to go.

Jeff

Jeff,
this is on the Android app on a samsung s10+.
the scanner itself works on windows.

/Lars